The Triple Option Suggested Reading

One of mine.

Attachments

• 51Yk+PIZxqL__SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51Yk+PIZxqL__SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 284

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Retired navy pilot who worked at my company played hs ball for emory before he went to coach college. He was on school board and was a part of bringing him to westfield hs. Loved emory like a father.
Besides being a class guy, he really could run the bone.

In 74 or 75 i saw Tex AM beat the LSU tigers - using meat grinder Death Marches.

Didnt the u of h run something similar in 1969? They would pass more in lieu of running the qb. ??

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Retired navy pilot who worked at my company played hs ball for emory before he went to coach college. He was on school board and was a part of bringing him to westfield hs. Loved emory like a father.
Besides being a class guy, he really could run the bone.

In 74 or 75 i saw Tex AM beat the LSU tigers - using meat grinder Death Marches.

Didnt the u of h run something similar in 1969? They would pass more in lieu of running the qb. ??
Houston coached by Bill Yeomans used the veer from 1965-1985. UGAG used it from 1971-1979 and South Carolina used it from 1983-1985.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
That's really cool:cool: Former Texas A&M and Mississippi State head coach Emory Bellard invented the wishbone and Darrell Royal of Texas learned it from him.
Actually Ballard was asked by Royal, Ballard was the OC, to come up with an offense the combined the option and power football. The wishbone is what Ballard came up with.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Actually Ballard was asked by Royal, Ballard was the OC, to come up with an offense the combined the option and power football. The wishbone is what Ballard came up with.
(y) That's really cool(y) I remember Barry Switzer said the reason OU chose the wishbone in 1970 over the veer was in the veer the quarterback had to be able to pass decently and none of OU's quarterbacks in 1970 could pass at all;)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Houston coached by Bill Yeomans used the veer from 1965-1985. UGAG used it from 1971-1979 and South Carolina used it from 1983-1985.
In l

In 69 some vendors took some of us young engineerse to a u of h game in the astro dome. They played Miss State.
U of h basically ran our offense w the ab being set close but going in motion. Bb ran dive and caught passes. When defense went single coverage on the FAST wr, the very good passing qb hit them long for a touch down. The qb seldom keep the ball.
Final score was in 70's.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
In l

In 69 some vendors took some of us young engineerse to a u of h game in the astro dome. They played Miss State.
U of h basically ran our offense w the ab being set close but going in motion. Bb ran dive and caught passes. When defense went single coverage on the FAST wr, the very good passing qb hit them long for a touch down. The qb seldom keep the ball.
Final score was in 70's.
In 1969 Houston beat Tulsa 100-6:eek:

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Didn't know where to put this but on David Curry's instagram account his thumb is wrapped pretty good so must of hurt it in the spring practice sucks for him I was counting on him to play in the spring game I have no idk how long a thumb injury is but it was wrapped pretty good so I hate it for him next man up I say

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Didn't know where to put this but on David Curry's instagram account his thumb is wrapped pretty good so must of hurt it in the spring practice sucks for him I was counting on him to play in the spring game I have no idk how long a thumb injury is but it was wrapped pretty good so I hate it for him next man up I say
Some dudes are just plain snake bit.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Will require surgery per CPJ.