The Search 2

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
It's very easy to get angry and frustrated when things don't go the way they seem they should go. I prefer to let the people paid to do their jobs do them, and then process an opinion when enough time has passed to do so.

That would certainly make for a boring message board wouldn't it? I think it is indisputable that Bobinski botched the search to this point if he had his top guy, said top guy was putting a staff together and then today he's headed for a program that is on par, at best, with GT. If he pulls someone better out of his ***, great. If he hires the Winthrop coach it will be embarrassing for everyone involved.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If that's the case, he should've been fired the year before.

As he should have been. MBob messed up not firing him the year before, and doubled down by basically saying he wanted to.

He did not mess up by firing him this year.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This was what MBob was hired to do.He had little fball background.He came from a bball school.If he can't get a good bball coach he is pretty much worthless in bigtime athletics.No matter how good baseball,track,swimming,etc is--no real difference.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Holy mother of pearl - some of these reactions have "Tech Men" written all over them.l

Just a guess but I would bet a vast majority of fans wanted CBG fired this year with not one bit of thought that we would have to pay for 3 coaches. BUT THAT IS NOT REALLY THE POINT. We could pay off CPH & CBG today no damn problem. We could hire a coach today and pay $3 mill per year. The point is MBob is doing what his dumbass boss (the prez of GT / CEO of the GTAA) wants him to do. The sorry azz sack of doo already has members of the general assembly wanting him fired for other reasons. Not a one of which, by the way, is due to them potentially being ugagers.

Peterson said fire this guy, I am tired of the fans screaming at me, hire a better coach, but do not pay too much or the hillturds will be upset. IOW - give me a freaking brand new Benz to drive but I only want to pay for a 2005 Buick LeSabre.

Has nobody here ever noticed what happens to our teams after a little success? FB after 1990 / BB after 1st final four / FB after 2008 & 2009, BB after NCAACG? Cripes people wake your asses up.

We will hire, hopefully, a new head BB coach, although many on the Hill and in the Tower would rather see it all die. For all I know it could be great or horrible IDK!

But for the crap MBob takes from the "fans" and the two faced bowl of crap he has to deal with from his boss, hell, we are damn lucky he does not give us the finger as he is driving to Hartsfield.

PETERSON - GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER FOR THE BETTER OF THE ENTIRE INSTITUTE! IT IS YOUR FREAKING JOB.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I have had no confidence in MBob since he was hired. In fact, his hiring had me scratching my head. I never got it. I think Bud Peterson is a big problem too, though, with the athletics at GT. When the leadership is weak, everything suffers.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Holy mother of pearl - some of these reactions have "Tech Men" written all over them.l

Just a guess but I would bet a vast majority of fans wanted CBG fired this year with not one bit of thought that we would have to pay for 3 coaches. BUT THAT IS NOT REALLY THE POINT. We could pay off CPH & CBG today no damn problem. We could hire a coach today and pay $3 mill per year. The point is MBob is doing what his dumbass boss (the prez of GT / CEO of the GTAA) wants him to do. The sorry azz sack of doo already has members of the general assembly wanting him fired for other reasons. Not a one of which, by the way, is due to them potentially being ugagers.

Peterson said fire this guy, I am tired of the fans screaming at me, hire a better coach, but do not pay too much or the hillturds will be upset. IOW - give me a freaking brand new Benz to drive but I only want to pay for a 2005 Buick LeSabre.

Has nobody here ever noticed what happens to our teams after a little success? FB after 1990 / BB after 1st final four / FB after 2008 & 2009, BB after NCAACG? Cripes people wake your asses up.

We will hire, hopefully, a new head BB coach, although many on the Hill and in the Tower would rather see it all die. For all I know it could be great or horrible IDK!

But for the crap MBob takes from the "fans" and the two faced bowl of crap he has to deal with from his boss, hell, we are damn lucky he does not give us the finger as he is driving to Hartsfield.

PETERSON - GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER FOR THE BETTER OF THE ENTIRE INSTITUTE! IT IS YOUR FREAKING JOB.

LOL

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
So you troll "fans" for freaking out on the AD that is hired to run the athletic dept suggesting we are going overboard and then you call out Peterson in the exact same fashion.

Makes sense

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
So you troll "fans" for freaking out on the AD that is hired to run the athletic dept suggesting we are going overboard and then you call out Peterson in the exact same fashion.

Makes sense

Thanks for that reply. It proves exactly the point I was making. You may now go back in position with head in the sand - if not worse.

Jeez, you think MBob has more power than Peterson!

Heck, MBob has one vote on the Board. 3 freaking students have one vote each, to what degree I know not.

And if MBob has all this autonomous power that is a bigger indictment of Peterson!

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I won't argue with you that Peterson is a big part of the problem. I doubt anyone here would. But MBob can't blame 90% of his questionable decisions on Peterson. The guy wasn't qualified for the job to begin with and continues to prove that.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck

So, I'm guessing you're ok with having guns on campus?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for that reply. It proves exactly the point I was making. You may now go back in position with head in the sand - if not worse.

Jeez, you think MBob has more power than Peterson!

Heck, MBob has one vote on the Board. 3 freaking students have one vote each, to what degree I know not.

And if MBob has all this autonomous power that is a bigger indictment of Peterson!

I didn't say that at all. In fact if you go ahead and take a gander at some o my posting and see that I have stated that the longer this dragged out the more I think his hand was forced. Or go ahead and continue with your long drawn out diatribes ridiculing your fellow "fans"thinking you're smarter than the rest of us, calling out history from back in the day. You have it figured out and it is FASCINATING to learn from you.