The reports of the TO's death have been grossly exaggerated

VRTechFan

Georgia Tech Fan
I know I didn’t clarify, but I was really referring to the post-JT years of ‘17 and ‘18. Our passing threat took a bit of a hit those years.
It's because we didn't have a QB that was able to perform the TO as efficiently as JT those years. We had Tobias Oliver in waiting and I felt that he would have given us some memorable wins as our QB 1.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ah. It really didn't matter JT or not because they played us the same way. The way to beat it was passing but we just never had time to throw because of those DL. Syracuse beat them one year by throwign quick slants the entire game.
Yessss. Let's see Marshall when he had time to throw, shall we?

TaQuon could throw the ball. His problem was that he seldom got the blocking he needed; he didn't have a quick release. So, he ran a lot. He was effective there too. Still, I don't think he would have been a QB if Ratliffe and Jordan hadn't been hurt.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It's because we didn't have a QB that was able to perform the TO as efficiently as JT those years. We had Tobias Oliver in waiting and I felt that he would have given us some memorable wins as our QB 1.
Yessss. Let's see Marshall when he had time to throw, shall we?

TaQuon could throw the ball. His problem was that he seldom got the blocking he needed; he didn't have a quick release. So, he ran a lot. He was effective there too. Still, I don't think he would have been a QB if Ratliffe and Jordan hadn't been hurt.