The Offense

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
We didn't go for 2 until the 4th Quarter, 37-42. The 2pt conversion would have allowed a FG to tie. The next time we scored, 43-42, the 2pt would have achieved would have gotten back to them not being able to beat us with a FG.
I guess I get it but with how both defenses were playing, it was pretty clear more points were going to be put on the board at that point. I guess the bigger problem is why the hell can’t we convert any 2 point conversions this year.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
OK ..
UNC has one of if not the worst defense in the ACC so yeah we should have up points. Unfortunately not more than UNC.

Im gonna wait to see what we look like against athletic D's like Clemson, UGA, and our buddy Tenuta's Virginia D. We already lost against a solid D in Duke.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Whose defense is worse once everything is factored in: ours or UNCs? Paging @AE87

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Whose defense is worse once everything is factored in: ours or UNCs? Paging @AE87

Footballoutsiders hasn't included this past week's games. So, thru week 7, they had GT's D at 80 and UNC's D at 97. UNC was ranked better in S&P+ D (which emphasizes per play data) #93 to our #100. They ranked us better in FEI D (which emphasizes per/drive data), #77 to their #103.

On raw points/drive allowed after week 8, GT is #115, and UNC is #114.

So, I think it's pretty much a wash, but suspect that our D will be graded as worse when this week's data is accounted for.

Oh, and if you want to tag me so that I get alerted, you need to put a space between the AE and the 87, @AE 87

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
OK ..
UNC has one of if not the worst defense in the ACC so yeah we should have up points. Unfortunately not more than UNC.

Im gonna wait to see what we look like against athletic D's like Clemson, UGA, and our buddy Tenuta's Virginia D. We already lost against a solid D in Duke.

How about VT and Miami?

Our offense isn't the issue...anyone that is arguing that is way off.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
Our offense is not the problem. Offense is why we had a chance against UNC.

Also, with a healthy QB (Byerly or JT) I'd bet the Duke game turns out different.

Are they going to be flawless and score a touchdown every possession? Of course not. But offense has been more than good enough to win every game.

worthco jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
While it was a poor defensive game, all I can say about the offense is WOW. If we play offense like that we have a chance in every game. We need some more talent on the D line, and that's what's coming. I think we win three more this regular season. This team has some grit. They don't lay down.

The difference this year is Thomas but also Perk, and Zennon have really come on. 'Thomas gets to the corner much faster than our previous quarterbacks. The edge blocking is something else from Smelter and Waller. Fine jobs all around. Did I forget someone? Mr. Laskey of course.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The offense line coaches are working in times in the game for younger players. Love the short yardage plays and pass plays with 71 Devine . He is coming along nicely. He will be needed against Clemson DL - for sure.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We didn't go for 2 until the 4th Quarter, 37-42. The 2pt conversion would have allowed a FG to tie. The next time we scored, 43-42, the 2pt would have achieved would have gotten back to them not being able to beat us with a FG.

Dead on correct.