The Miracle on Techwood turns seven years old on Monday. Let’s discuss that magical night.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
That was a bad year. We’d be in a bowl in 2015 had injuries not killed us. What we are in now is horrible.

One injury that went unnoticed/unreported for most of the year was JT. He actually injured both shoulders pretty badly that almost required surgery but he plodded on throughout the year playing hurt. There were some who heaped blame on JT saying he wasn't doing enough, which if they knew how badly hurt he was they probably would've shut up.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
One injury that went unnoticed/unreported for most of the year was JT. He actually injured both shoulders pretty badly that almost required surgery but he plodded on throughout the year playing hurt. There were some who heaped blame on JT saying he wasn't doing enough, which if they knew how badly hurt he was they probably would've shut up.
He proved himself the year before and the year after. Who else remembers his crazy drive to win the game vs Duke in 2016?

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
will NEVER forget this game, and it NEVER gets old hearing "you gotta be kidding me!". I love JT and the twins. I was so happy it was one of the twins who got it and ran it back. This has to be my favorite play of all time (and that says something considering the '90 Sisson kick against UVA an the kick/pick against UGA) Interestingly enough, my favorite game I've ever saw in person was the ACC championship against FSU we lost - because in Q3, the team realized they could actually win the game - and the crowd realized it - it was awesome!!

Last edited:

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Must've paid handsomely.

It did based on size but not odds. We were just a 5 point underdog with a losing record to the #9 team in the country in that game.

Contrast that to this year where we’re now a 24 point dog to an unranked criminole team. Sad how far we’ve fallen…