The Kicking Situation

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
For those that watched warmups, how did the kickers look? As another poster pointed out to me, Davis must be doing something right, having won the competition two years in a row. He won it this year, and he's coming off of a torn ACL! I honestly feel like he gets in his own head during games. I believe he can be a good kicker. I feel the same way about King. He seems to have gained a lot of leg strength from last season. But he narrowly made a PAT or two. Wesley Wells seems to have a really nice leg, and I know Cliff Gandis was also part of the competition. What did y'all see?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
For those that watched warmups, how did the kickers look? As another poster pointed out to me, Davis must be doing something right, having won the competition two years in a row. He won it this year, and he's coming off of a torn ACL! I honestly feel like he gets in his own head during games. I believe he can be a good kicker. I feel the same way about King. He seems to have gained a lot of leg strength from last season. But he narrowly made a PAT or two. Wesley Wells seems to have a really nice leg, and I know Cliff Gandis was also part of the competition. What did y'all see?

Who watched warmups? A large percentage of the folks in my section didn’t come in until after the game already started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TarTriton

Georgia Tech Fan
I graduated with Wesley he has a good leg, he nailed a good% of 40 yard plus field goals. And would kick it out the back of the end zone on kickoffs(but I think HS kicks further up but still). King looks like the most accurate at the moment to me.

TarTriton

Georgia Tech Fan
I graduated with Wesley he has a good leg, he nailed a good% of 40 yard plus field goals. And would kick it out the back of the end zone on kickoffs(but I think HS kicks further up but still). King looks like the most accurate at the moment to me.
*Davis not King.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

It seems both Davis and King kick the ball low and on the blocked PAT Davis kicked late.