The ideal uniform for each game this season.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
What I think we should wear and why.

GAME 1- vs CLEMSON
  • Gold helmet
  • Navy jersey
  • White pants
Our new blue tops look sick, and I think a big game like this to open the season is a good time to give them a debut.

GAME 2- WCU
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • Gold pants
For Tech's opener on the flats, it makes sense to go with the traditional set.

GAME 3- OLE MISS
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • Gold pants
Same set I put under game 2. This game is on national TV. The traditional gold white gold set not only is Tech's signature look but since Ole Miss will be in dark colors, we might get to see them break out their pretty baby blues when they come to town.

GAME 4- @UCF
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • White pants
Our first real road contest will be at UCF in Orlando. Sure, it's fall, but Florida is still humid and hot. UCF usually wears black at home, so we have an advantage. Pair our main helmet with white jerseys and pants to keep our guys cool. (I did not put white helmets because I still want us to look somewhat traditional)

GAME 5- @ PITT

• White helmet
  • Gold jersey
  • Navy pants
Doing a full 180, since we're in Pittsburgh, heat is not a problem. Pitt is like us, and they wear a yellow/gold helmet and pants at home. But, they wear blue at home as well. I've always wanted us to play a color v color game. Gold is bright enough to wear if Pitt wears blue. Another thing about Pitt is that their field conditions are usually messy. So I picked navy pants to make the mud appear less obvious.

GAME 6- DUKE
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • Gold pants
It's homecoming. That is all.

GAME 7- VIRGINIA
  • WHITEOUT
Tech hasn't yet announced a whiteout game. But a Thursday night home game vs a team we might have a good chance to beat this year? Perfect time to do one.

GAME 8- @FLORIDA STATE
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • White pants
We wore white pants in our epic wins vs FSU in 2015 and 2009. FSU wears gold pants anyway and so while I want us to wear gold helmets there needs to be at least some contrast between the look of the two teams.

GAME 9- @VIRGINIA TECH
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • Gold pants
VT has a dark home color. So we might as well pull out the classic set for this one. No reason not to.

GAME 10- MIAMI
  • Gold helmet
  • Gold jersey
  • White pants
For senior day I think we should mix it up a bit without being too experimental. Pairing our gold helmets with an alternate jersey will do the trick. No gold pants because we don't wanna look like the Jaguars color rush.

GAME 11- @UNC
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • Gold pants
Rounding out ACC play in our traditional set.

GAME 12- @WALMART UNIVERSITY
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • White pants
This combo I call the georgia combo. It should be our go to combo every year for COFH. Our last 3 wins (16, 14, 08) vs the mutts were in this set. It's clean, yet traditional at the same time. Which is exactly what you should wear when you play your rivals. Something that looks fresh, but still has meaning to it.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
What I think we should wear and why.

GAME 1- vs CLEMSON
  • Gold helmet
  • Navy jersey
  • White pants
Our new blue tops look sick, and I think a big game like this to open the season is a good time to give them a debut.

GAME 2- WCU
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • Gold pants
For Tech's opener on the flats, it makes sense to go with the traditional set.

GAME 3- OLE MISS
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • Gold pants
Same set I put under game 2. This game is on national TV. The traditional gold white gold set not only is Tech's signature look but since Ole Miss will be in dark colors, we might get to see them break out their pretty baby blues when they come to town.

GAME 4- @UCF
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • White pants
Our first real road contest will be at UCF in Orlando. Sure, it's fall, but Florida is still humid and hot. UCF usually wears black at home, so we have an advantage. Pair our main helmet with white jerseys and pants to keep our guys cool. (I did not put white helmets because I still want us to look somewhat traditional)

GAME 5- @ PITT

• White helmet
  • Gold jersey
  • Navy pants
Doing a full 180, since we're in Pittsburgh, heat is not a problem. Pitt is like us, and they wear a yellow/gold helmet and pants at home. But, they wear blue at home as well. I've always wanted us to play a color v color game. Gold is bright enough to wear if Pitt wears blue. Another thing about Pitt is that their field conditions are usually messy. So I picked navy pants to make the mud appear less obvious.

GAME 6- DUKE
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • Gold pants
It's homecoming. That is all.

GAME 7- VIRGINIA
  • WHITEOUT
Tech hasn't yet announced a whiteout game. But a Thursday night home game vs a team we might have a good chance to beat this year? Perfect time to do one.

GAME 8- @FLORIDA STATE
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • White pants
We wore white pants in our epic wins vs FSU in 2015 and 2009. FSU wears gold pants anyway and so while I want us to wear gold helmets there needs to be at least some contrast between the look of the two teams.

GAME 9- @VIRGINIA TECH
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • Gold pants
VT has a dark home color. So we might as well pull out the classic set for this one. No reason not to.

GAME 10- MIAMI
  • Gold helmet
  • Gold jersey
  • White pants
For senior day I think we should mix it up a bit without being too experimental. Pairing our gold helmets with an alternate jersey will do the trick. No gold pants because we don't wanna look like the Jaguars color rush.

GAME 11- @UNC
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • Gold pants
Rounding out ACC play in our traditional set.

GAME 12- @WALMART UNIVERSITY
  • Gold helmet
  • White jersey
  • White pants
This combo I call the georgia combo. It should be our go to combo every year for COFH. Our last 3 wins (16, 14, 08) vs the mutts were in this set. It's clean, yet traditional at the same time. Which is exactly what you should wear when you play your rivals. Something that looks fresh, but still has meaning to it.
I liked everything said besides Game 5 at Pitt. No offence but that combo sounds awful! WGB. Blue pants! I get what you were trying to do but that one is a hard no for me. I would add one more GWG somewhere to make it at least 6 GWG games and maybe a WWG for UCF. I think that GWG for Clemson would be better for the national stage and only game on TV that night and switch the GBW to the WCU game. But I'm ok with it against Clemson.

Otherwise good job. I'm ok with this. But NOT WGB on game 5. Please no! Navy pants should never be worn again.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I liked everything said besides Game 5 at Pitt. No offence but that combo sounds awful! WGB. Blue pants! I get what you were trying to do but that one is a hard no for me. I would add one more GWG somewhere to make it at least 6 GWG games and maybe a WWG for UCF. I think that GWG for Clemson would be better for the national stage and only game on TV that night and switch the GBW to the WCU game. But I'm ok with it against Clemson.

Otherwise good job. I'm ok with this. But NOT WGB on game 5. Please no! Navy pants should never be worn again.
I honestly think it would look nice. I understand why you don't like them though. I only think navy should be worn with another part of the uniform in a gold or white color. Tech should not wear all navy again.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
A lot of the recruits who are visiting today have posted wearing the navy jersey and navy pants. Wonder if that's an indication of what we're wearing Monday.