The Heyul Nawl List

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There is one thing on Hunter that makes him a no on my list.
Part of the reason he left Ga St for Tulane is because Ga St wanted to tie some of his bonus to academic performance because his team had a 2.16 GPA at the time (and going down) and they were worried about APR problems.
He refused to even discuss that.
That is a good coach who is not a good fit for GT.

No on anybody who is a GT alum.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
There is one thing on Hunter that makes him a no on my list.
Part of the reason he left Ga St for Tulane is because Ga St wanted to tie some of his bonus to academic performance because his team had a 2.16 GPA at the time (and going down) and they were worried about APR problems.
He refused to even discuss that.
That is a good coach who is not a good fit for GT.

No on anybody who is a GT alum.
Fantastic insight. Now he’s out for me. Then Again I doubt he was ever in as we are waiting on one of two guys and he’s likely known as a knight renowned for heroism

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Yeah if all he can do with the top paid (or close to it) roster in cbb is make the NIT, imagine what he could do with no NIL-babies. Yikes, he might go defeated if they weren't paying guys.
Bacot supposedly made some big $, but UNC is NIT bound. The quote below is from December (https://www.nildealnow.com/north-ca...er thread posted,well over $500,000 this year.).

... "mother says he will make well over $500,000 this year. In addition to his compensation, Bacot’s option to return to Chapel Hill means another year at growing his following, a chance to bring UNC back to the dance, earn a degree, and thanks to COVID, another year of eligibility where Petcash projects Bacot to earn between $1-$2 million if he opts for that additional season."

Have to wonder if is NIL money if he options to come back for next season? Will be anywhere near the December 2022 projections.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Rumor from Chapel Hill is that the players told Hubert they wouldn't play in NIT and some (presumably Bacot & Love) said they wouldn't even dress and sit on the bench for it. I would be surprised if they are back next year. Think they will hit the G League or overseas to end their careers rather than stay in NC.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Rumor from Chapel Hill is that the players told Hubert they wouldn't play in NIT and some (presumably Bacot & Love) said they wouldn't even dress and sit on the bench for it. I would be surprised if they are back next year. Think they will hit the G League or overseas to end their careers rather than stay in NC.
and leave all that NIL $$$ behind? I'll be surprised....

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
Noodles
Kermit Davis
Chris Collins
Travis Steele
Andy Enfield
Mark Turgeon
Steve Alford
Bobby Hurley
Dusty May (sorry, not buying it)
why not bobby hurley? also, what if i told you bobby hurley was one of the five on J's list?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

pisses me off and I don’t know why.