The Good Word: Next Play

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Really good article loaded with quotes from JT and CPJ. Worth reading the whole thing.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072116aac.html

“I was a guy who would eat hot dogs, pizza rolls, fried chicken every day,” he said after a recent morning workout. “Now, I eat oatmeal or eggs every morning. All I’ve eaten is fish the last two weeks. I can tell the difference in my body. Honestly, the whole team has grown up. It’s not just me as far as leadership.

Includes comments on body language oft discussed here last year.
Thomas’ body language fell short, as well, and Johnson’s told him all about it.

“If you go over and sit on the bench and put a towel on your head, that’s not sending a positive message to the other guys,” the head coach said of off-season conversations his quarterback. “My big charge was to him was you’ve got to take over the team, and be the leader.
“I think Justin’s focus is going to be in a really good place,” Cook said. “He’s dedicated himself to taking care of his body. The other thing he’s dedicated himself to is building chemistry with his receivers. How is the ball going to come out on a corner route?

“This is the best off-season he’s had from a leadership standpoint, without question. You just look at how he’s got the guys working.”

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I really like hearing that there's a greater appreciation of between the ears stuff going into this year.