The game looked nothing like I expected

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Boy that Michel is some kind of football player. Why they did not keep feeding him the ball on their last possession I will never understand. I was impressed with their line. They did not look that good against Florida. For about the umpteenth time, I saw a team that consistently underachieves relative to their talent. I really don't want to hear about "lack of depth" or MR left a bare cupboard. No, they have plenty of talent but as is usual with them it has been squandered.
I think their worst position group was WR. Richt didn't stock that shelf like he typically had. Made a significant difference in their passing ability.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I think their worst position group was WR. Richt didn't stock that shelf like he typically had. Made a significant difference in their passing ability.
I agree, but... Nauta and Blazevich could have been split wide to take advantage of lance's size, or run into the middle of the field in play action. And I-mac is going to be in the nfl but got 2 touches. I love Coach Smrt so far.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think LongForDodd has a good point. I didn't see any scary good wide receivers, and they usually have some. Just like tall, big armed quarterbacks, they seem to always have dangerous receivers. I didn't think Eason threw the ball very well, but maybe the lack of talent at wide receiver was part of that.

I haven't seen anyone anywhere asking why Eason started this year over Lambert. I only saw Lambert one time last year, against us. But it seemed to me he put every ball on the money in our game last year.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
I think LongForDodd has a good point. I didn't see any scary good wide receivers, and they usually have some. Just like tall, big armed quarterbacks, they seem to always have dangerous receivers. I didn't think Eason threw the ball very well, but maybe the lack of talent at wide receiver was part of that.

I haven't seen anyone anywhere asking why Eason started this year over Lambert. I only saw Lambert one time last year, against us. But it seemed to me he put every ball on the money in our game last year.

Lambert was a serviceable to good QB with a lot of game experience... Would have made more sense to play him his senior year and let Eason develop more with the practice squad. They may have started Eason to keep him from transferring, or perhaps they felt he would be an instant star. Eason has a cannon of an arm but needs a coach to develop his talents, which UGA doesn't seem to have at the moment. Coach Richt was especially good at mentoring / developing QBs. Evidence is that even Hutson Mason did really well, considering he spent most of his career there on the bench. Eason would have been frightening after a couple years under Coach Richt's tutelage, and with a decent receiving corps. With Lambert at QB (and/or Richt still as coach), it's possible they would have won 2-3 more games.