The future!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
It is my belief that if we can add Glanton, Thomas, Cooper, Fennal(sp), a Qb then this class will be better than the 07 class. Just because of the character and solid make up of the players! I go on to say that if you put together the position chart of the rs freshman, true freshmen, and this class you would be absolutely undeniably excited by the numbers and the solid ability. I of course want a great season this year, but because of what CPJ is plainly putting together with these guys I think he should be given the opportunity to them through their careers here even if he has loosing season. Almost like the argument of Gailey and that 07 class. After this class is signed I for myself will put those position together. Think WOW will be an understatement! Heres to CPJ and staff in putting this together and best of luck!

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
It is my belief that if we can add Glanton, Thomas, Cooper, Fennal(sp), a Qb then this class will be better than the 07 class. Just because of the character and solid make up of the players! I go on to say that if you put together the position chart of the rs freshman, true freshmen, and this class you would be absolutely undeniably excited by the numbers and the solid ability. I of course want a great season this year, but because of what CPJ is plainly putting together with these guys I think he should be given the opportunity to them through their careers here even if he has loosing season. Almost like the argument of Gailey and that 07 class. After this class is signed I for myself will put those position together. Think WOW will be an understatement! Heres to CPJ and staff in putting this together and best of luck!

If we have a losing season with this schedule and CPJ is retained, it's time to start burning some sofas.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
I am especially impressed with the character of the kids who've so far pledged to sign an LOI with the Institute... As recent history demonstrates, players with superior talent but marginal work ethic and who demonstrate a lack of seriousness about life are a waste of our time - especially if they aren't here beyond the first year or two...

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
recruiting is definitely on the ups! The new procedures, budget etc., plus Roof's influence are going to pay big dividends down the road if folks can be patient.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Heres to CPJ and staff in putting this together and best of luck!

No disrespect but its not even the start of the season (bad or good) much less February (signing day)...

I am excited and optimistic too but lets not get ahead of our self on this.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
No disrespect but its not even the start of the season (bad or good) much less February (signing day)...

I am excited and optimistic too but lets not get ahead of our self on this.
Not a problem; however, if you read between the lines I think I sort of rambled on some of your response.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
If we have a losing season with this schedule and CPJ is retained, it's time to start burning some sofas.
I have to agree with this. I want us to have a great season. I am sure everyone on here wants that, except for those that completely cannot stand CPJ.

That being said, imo I don't think Bobinski will retain CPJ if we have a bad season.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't think there's much chance of Coach going anywhere until we have 2 losing seasons in a row. I also think the only way we don't win at least 7 this year is if we have a huge rash of injuries. But that, of course, would not lead to anyone being fired (see Maryland).

We are simply spoiled rotten around here. We haven't had a losing season in such a long time (break-even is another story), that we are constantly wanting to have egg in our beer. I've seen bad football at Tech; a lot of it. We don't have it anymore. We should be very, very grateful for that.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
If we don't win this year CPJ isn't getting another chance...who knows that the magic number is. But we have to win this year.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
@takethepoints

We had a losing in 2010 unfortunately.

I understand this isn't a verdict coming from you, but the only reason we had a losing season that year was because the top half of our division was on some sort of probation which allowed us to go play FSU for the ACCC. if i remember right, we would have finished at .500 if you don't count that game? So someone is penalizing CPJ for UM and UNC being on probation?

Yeah, I know. If he had won another game during the season it wouldn't have mattered. But it still seems a bit silly to call that a losing season since we lost the conference championship game. A game we honestly had no business playing in, but had a realistic shot late of pulling off the big time upset.

Again not directing this at you @Eric. Just my thoughts.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@GTJackets

You're thinking of 2012, not 2010.

We lost to FSU in the 2012 ACCCG...which made us 6-7...we then won the sun bowl to finish at 7-7.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Clearly take the points meant losing regular season, as the bowl streak is intact. He didn't say it technically precise but I suspect he is primarily just thinking of how long the bowl streak is as evidence that the program is currently not a "losing" program as it has been for even long consecutive stretches in the past.

Disappointing or below-average and below expectation years even occur for "winning" programs, they are a very relative phenomena to the psychological make-up of a program's fanbase.

If it wasn't the case that it is relative then Tech fans wouldn't get so much amusement out of UGA fans when the team gets ranked high in the preseason and then loses a game and a ton of their fans stop watching or following them the rest of the year.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Bobinski has to make the call for what he thinks is best for the football program (and each athletic program) at the end of every season and certainly he could have a tough call to make this year. I am inclined to think that their may be two bottom line achievements for retention: 1) the bowl streak survives, and 2) the team may need to have a winning record in the ACC. Maybe 1 would be enough but it may take both.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Bobinski has to make the call for what he thinks is best for the football program (and each athletic program) at the end of every season and certainly he could have a tough call to make this year. I am inclined to think that their may be two bottom line achievements for retention: 1) the bowl streak survives, and 2) the team may need to have a winning record in the ACC. Maybe 1 would be enough but it may take both.
I know you are trying to be a well spoken representative of your avatar! Good job sir!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Inheriting a company, fortune, and family name from one's brutally slain parents does demand that one learn to be level-headed and make dispassionate decisions neither out of one's affection for a department head nor out of disdain fomented by his detractors. The same goes for AD's dealing with coaches.

:)