The Future

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I have to believe our freshmen guards next year will be better outside shooters and scorers than Heath/Heyward. While our defense may suffer, I believe their offensive output will more than offset their defensive lapses.
Uh....did Heyward even score this year? Great defender and passer but he NEVER shot the ball, even when he was wide open.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty confident we will be better next year. Our big 3 will all improve, and I think CJP lands a big recruit and adds a solid grad transfer or two. 2018-2019 is where we could take a step back if we don't recruit really well.

slugboy

Staff member
I think forecasting next year is a crapshoot. We were lucky that neither Lammers or Okogie saw any serious injuries. I think having Guyue improve could be a major step, and take some load off Lammers.
We already have a bunch of freshmen. If Alvarado and Haywood have close to the impact that Okogie did, we should get a lot more points and a lot more wins before conference play.
We lose some seniors in Heath, Heyward, and Q. (At least I think we lose them, since they're seniors. I'd be stunned to find out different). Q is a tough one to replace. I'm hoping a strong grad transfer or two come in and are at Stevens level of play. I don't know if that's realistic. Especially since I have no idea who might actually come here.
It's hard for me to believe we don't score more next year, with many more 3's. I don't know what happens to defensive efficiency and turnovers though.
Since we only know two of the 5-7 new players we expect for next year, there's just a lot of murkiness looking ahead. Two years out I feel more confident, but Lammers is gone then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
So S Carolina went to the NIT and lost last year in the 1st rd (GT) and now they're going to the Final 4. Using this logic, we should win the national title next year. Since we made the NIT final 4 this year.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
So S Carolina went to the NIT and lost last year in the 1st rd (GT) and now they're going to the Final 4. Using this logic, we should win the national title next year. Since we made the NIT final 4 this year.
they lost to us in the 2nd round. but the logic says Indiana, Belmont, or Ole Miss will be the ones making the run right?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Unless we get some bigs (or 1 good one)to help in rebounding and defense with Ben AND a consistent 3 pt outside shoot to replace Stephens--I don't see a big improvement.Mainly because teams will gameplan us MUCH better so no surprises.(er,see unc).We may be a better team but record won't show it plus FR PGs struggle.Heath looked like a SR PG this yr so replacing him (and Heywood) could be critical and may fail.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Unless we get some bigs (or 1 good one)to help in rebounding and defense with Ben AND a consistent 3 pt outside shoot to replace Stephens--I don't see a big improvement.Mainly because teams will gameplan us MUCH better so no surprises.(er,see unc).We may be a better team but record won't show it plus FR PGs struggle.Heath looked like a SR PG this yr so replacing him (and Heywood) could be critical and may fail.
So unless we get a consistent outside shooter to replace an inconsistent outside shooter in Stephens dont see much improvement? Thats why i see us improving, dont think we will have trouble replacing him and the pg's in terms of on court play. May need some people to step up leadership wise for them but I like our chances replacing their on court value

gtuberfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Most people on this board are massively underappreciating what Q has done for us. He's not a very consistent shooter obviously but he has won us some games with his shooting and has shot VERY well in the NIT. What people really are underappreciating is everything else he does - especially rebound.

Also Heath is a very good experienced player. Don't think that Alvarado is going to come in and everything is going to be peachy from day 1. Heath was very steady player that made the plays when we needed them. Jose will be a great player but he may need a little time.