The fumbled snap on the game winning drive...

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
My take is Singleton was definitely too early to the ball. It was either a fake jet sweep or a play where the QB makes a read before giving or keeping the ball, and timing is critical. Dont know exactly why it happened but it will get worked out.
If the play called is for motion only which is normally the case, the receiver is well past the QB when the ball is snapped and timing is not so critical.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
What is the proper sequence of events in that play? Is the ball supposed to be snapped before or after Singleton passes the center?
It has to be before he gets there in order to fake or execute the jet sweep, But unless we know the play call, it’s hard to say. Part of the deception is showing different looks? Great question though.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
who's fault was that? My guess it was King's but I'm not sure how the timing is determined. My guess is that King should have called for the snap well before Singleton was between he and the center. Or, it could have been Singleton's fault for leaving too early or running too fast. I dunno.
Center. Watch the OL, should’ve been a “False Start… Everyone but the center” call. The whole line moves before the ball. Don’t know how they didn’t see or call it.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Here it is in Slow Motion.
Kings clap is perfectly timed to coordinate with Singleton’s motion.
The Center does not snap the ball on the Clap.
OL begins to move before the ball.
Guard pulls. TE follows.
Playcall looks to be a fake sweep and King keeper to the right to get back to the middle of the hashes for an easier kick. If Tech runs this play cleanly, they likely take a knee next play and kick for the win.
exported-320p.gif

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I would think right before because Singleton had his arms out to take the fake and King clapped and called hike before Singleton passed him.
Good film.
Left tackle went way early.
Lots of moving parts in this offense.

At this point in game in the Singleton NIL world the 2 parties (payer and payee.) are wondrring why only one play so far in game.

This play could a swing pass targeted to Singleton as the hot target after a good fake. KIing could follow him then pass or run.

The next play was definitely- "King quickly throw it to Singleton so he can make the play."

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If that fumble recovery goes to FSU it is very likely we lose the game or go to OT. The pass to Singleton gets so much yardage back that the FG is more likely to be made. Whew!!!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If that fumble recovery goes to FSU it is very likely we lose the game or go to OT. The pass to Singleton gets so much yardage back that the FG is more likely to be made. Whew!!!
Too many if’s and but’s all game long to pin the outcome on one play. If FSU fails on just one of those forth down plays, we win comfortably.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
And inaccurate. Singleton was targeted on the missed wide open for td play.

Good point - He had 1 more targets in the game.

Watching the ncst game = wr had nearly 20 targets.

3 targets for Singleton is whose plan?

nfl hopefuls like Singletonn will jump to lousiville , nc st, or others who build thru portal. They will not come to gt = run the ball.

Key and Faulkner knows this and we will see Singleton be featured so he is wanting to stay here.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I am not naive.
I am jaundiced.
Plus I pay.

Wife favorite player was IVEY.
She didn't understand why he would leave.

$$$ from ole miss alumni , Kiffin picked up at private jet by in sports car, now starting DE for number 6 ole miss.

See likes c 42 the walk on. Got to have chicken in the soup or it's vegetable soup

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

nfl hopefuls like Singletonn will jump to lousiville , nc st, or others who build thru portal. They will not come to gt = run the ball.

Key and Faulkner knows this and we will see Singleton be featured so he is wanting to stay here.
There will be games where the D is loading the box to take away the run and our receivers will shine and it will be glorious!

slugboy

Staff member

NCST played an FCS team with a very weak defense. Concepcion is NCST’s best weapon on offense, and they struggled with a team that came in 4th behind Furman, Chattanooga, and Mercer, and lost their OC to Pitt and also their best players to the portal.

We played FSU.

I wouldn’t use that WCU game as my coaching template.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad

Singleton was double covered all game long by one of the best secondaries in the nation. Their DBs truly were the strength of their defense. He wasn’t open often. They were playing him man-up with a safety covering him. Last year’s King would have tried to force the ball to Singleton and maybe got picked off. This year’s King threw to the open man.