Film Room The First Battle of the Techs - 1990

Just posted this on another social media site and thought y'all would enjoy this. It's not the whole game, but it's got Kim King and Al Ciraldo calling the game that was never broadcast. It's a GREAT find and a fine waste of half and hour...

That was even more frustrating to watch than I remembered. Willie Clay sure had a banner day though, without him, and Sisson finally coming through in the 4th quarter, we would have lost.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for posting this. I remember listening to Big Al and Kim King on the radio, and I never forgot the score of this one. Close call!

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
as we were about to snap for the winning FG, VT called timeout. Lucky for us b/c the wind was really circling wildly at that moment. After the TO it was still blowing but considerably more favorable than had we kicked before the TO.
Yep, remember that well.

Jolly Good Fellow
"...It's a GREAT find and a fine waste of half and hour........"
Wow...Thanks BiA99.... It really,really was "a fine waste of half and hour".... Loved it!
VT 1990 replay was as painful to watch as it was painful to watch in person....always remember "Never-Missing-Sisson" missing the two FGs with the wind and making the two into the wind.........our offense stunk it up..We shoulda fired the coach!

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
The first half was a comedy of missed field goals. One VT miss, I swear the kicker hit his own lineman in the back. No score at half, but during halftime, the Hokie mascot kicks a mid range field goal through the uprights off a tee. When VT kicks a FG either late 3rd or early 4th quarter, can't remember which, I thought we were done. It was that kind of game. But we did tie it at 3-3 with about 6 minutes left. Got the ball late deep in our end, but Shawn Jones did his thing getting us downfield very quickly so Scott Sisson could do his thing. Everything about that game seemed so surreal. If we could somehow pull out a win out of that mess of a game, then winning out and having a shot at the national championship suddenly seemed like destiny.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
<waiting for someone to say we should have been running CPJ's option and we would have won easily....and someone else to claim that Collins would have blown this game>

It seems like every thread devolves into this one way or another these days...

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
<waiting for someone to say we should have been running CPJ's option and we would have won easily....and someone else to claim that Collins would have blown this game>

It seems like every thread devolves into this one way or another these days...
upload_2019-11-15_9-41-46.gif

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for posting this. I remember listening to Big Al and Kim King on the radio, and I never forgot the score of this one. Close call!
I listened also. Was deer hunting and lost the signal just after we tied it up. It was late that evening before I could get the score. That really was a special year.