The Dawgs and the Jackets in the Super Bowl

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
So I'm watching WSB news at 6:00. And sure enough a story was put on about the Dogs in the Super Bowl. Then they mentioned Butker as the only Jacket! Despite Jordan Mason being the #2 RB for the 49ers. I got on the phone (404.897.6276) and complained. The guy on the other end seemed conscientious and said he'd correct the story. OK.

But I bet he'd be a lo more diligent about correcting it if - and this is where you guys come in - a whole bunch of other Tech fans were to contact the station and complain. If that happens maybe they'll correct things by the 11:00pm show. Or the shows on Super Bowl day.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Confirming what we’ve known for decades about the Atlanta market which is that Tech is virtually invisible. For a brief (very brief) time some of us were willing to hang in there with TFG because we thought he might raise Tech’s visibility and ramp up a media driven PR campaign. Unfortunately he had the opposite effect in the end, making us even more irrelevant.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Confirming what we’ve known for decades about the Atlanta market which is that Tech is virtually invisible. For a brief (very brief) time some of us were willing to hang in there with TFG because we thought he might raise Tech’s visibility and ramp up a media driven PR campaign. Unfortunately he had the opposite effect in the end, making us even more irrelevant.
Coach Bootstraps is going to change the narrative in Atlanta. He's going to build a team the media can't ignore.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
2nd best RB, but 3rd RB. 9'ers need to give JPM the damn ball if they want to win.

If JPM is seeing snaps at RB tomorrow then something has gone terribly wrong for the 49ers. When healthy, Elijah Mitchell is definitely better.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If JPM is seeing snaps at RB tomorrow then something has gone terribly wrong for the 49ers. When healthy, Elijah Mitchell is definitely better.
Not arguing the point - you may well be right.
But, while acknowledging that stats can be deceiving, just to point out that Mitchell has rushed for a 3.7 ypc this year on 75 carries while Mason is at 5.2 on 40. Mason is at 5.6 ypc in his NFL career.
Maybe Mitchell wasn't at his peak health in some of those carries. But here are the numbers...

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Not arguing the point - you may well be right.
But, while acknowledging that stats can be deceiving, just to point out that Mitchell has rushed for a 3.7 ypc this year on 75 carries while Mason is at 5.2 on 40. Mason is at 5.6 ypc in his NFL career.
Maybe Mitchell wasn't at his peak health in some of those carries. But here are the numbers...

Mitchell is the #2 back. Mason played very well when Mitchell was out hurt

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I like Mitchell too, but I've always said the formula holds: Give Mason 20 carries and he'll get you 90 - 100 yards. He always has and my guess is that if the Niners did that they would get the same results. The guy is nothing if not consistent. That TFG always wanted to play his recruits instead is just too bad. Except for Gibbs, none of them came up to Mason. I kept waiting for him to put them in the same backfield for an entire game …

Flajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Butker had the most points (13) of either team in the Super Bowl last night.

He also set a new record with the 57 yard field goal. Would have been goof from 60+.

That is pretty shiny.