The crowd at Bobby Dodd

BufordJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
So being at the game I yell the entire time our defense is on the field. I do think as crowd noise we made a difference so thanks to everyone that was there and especially to the boys in section 101.

Sold out game. Even if its not 100% jackets in the stands its nice to have Bobby Dodd full.

Re watching the game for the 100th time on DVR the place even sounds really loud on TV. I really wonder what it sounds like on the field. I would be curious what a packed Bobby Dodd sounds like on the field and how it compares to other places that are most likely bigger. For some reason I think they way our field lays out might end of producing a louder sound.

Thoughts?

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
So being at the game I yell the entire time our defense is on the field. I do think as crowd noise we made a difference so thanks to everyone that was there and especially to the boys in section 101.

Sold out game. Even if its not 100% jackets in the stands its nice to have Bobby Dodd full.

Re watching the game for the 100th time on DVR the place even sounds really loud on TV. I really wonder what it sounds like on the field. I would be curious what a packed Bobby Dodd sounds like on the field and how it compares to other places that are most likely bigger. For some reason I think they way our field lays out might end of producing a louder sound.

Thoughts?
I was with some FSU fans and they said they couldn't believe how loud it was. I don't think whether it's 100,000 or 50,000 it really depends on the design of the stadium. As long as the lower level is loud that's what really matters, because the upper deck overhang kind of traps the sounds in. Our stadium isn't nearly as big as some of our opponents and I could hardly hear the FSU band playing with the stadium fairly quiet on the lower level. So I know an extra 20,000-40,000 higher than that isn't gonna help much if any.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I was real happy to see the crowd was in the game the whole time. The team never gave up and neither did the fans. Sometimes its hard to tell the noise level from the upper West because the sound goes straight out across the top of the other side...but Saturday was load the whole game.

I was feeling real good in the 4th when the FSU fans behind me started to get a little salty about the chants, cheers and everything else the Tech fans were doing after the interception.

Declinometer

Banned
I was with some FSU fans and they said they couldn't believe how loud it was. I don't think whether it's 100,000 or 50,000 it really depends on the design of the stadium. As long as the lower level is loud that's what really matters, because the upper deck overhang kind of traps the sounds in. Our stadium isn't nearly as big as some of our opponents and I could hardly hear the FSU band playing with the stadium fairly quiet on the lower level. So I know an extra 20,000-40,000 higher than that isn't gonna help much if any.
I couldn't have been happier with the placement of the allotted Seminole band tickets!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The crowd brought their A game IMO. I often get a bit grumpy over crowd noise. We too often only get loud on 3rd downs and even then I think we wait too long, just before the snap, to start yelling. But in big games like Saturday the fans step up. Saturday we pretty consistently made noise on every FSU offensive play. And when doing so got loud before FSU lined up on the line of scrimmage. It absolutely affected FSU communication on audibles and line adjustments. Great job Jackets....now if we could only do this every game ;)

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
You could hear the FSU chop on tv pretty good a few times but it was nice to see the stadium full after all the losses.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
The crowd brought their A game IMO. I often get a bit grumpy over crowd noise. We too often only get loud on 3rd downs and even then I think we wait too long, just before the snap, to start yelling. But in big games like Saturday the fans step up. Saturday we pretty consistently made noise on every FSU offensive play. And when doing so got loud before FSU lined up on the line of scrimmage. It absolutely affected FSU communication on audibles and line adjustments. Great job Jackets....now if we could only do this every game ;)

I cannot agree enough. It is our job as the 12th man to make noise the entire time our defense is on the field. We are supposed to make it hard for them to hear in their huddle, the the false start penalties by the F$U OL late in the game were proof of the impact of the crowd. Plus our guys love it.

The stadium and atmosphere really looked good on TV, I thought the white Pom-Pom's played out well ... and I got to say it I loved the all white uni's (including the helmet) !!
When you watch the block, all the pom-pom shaking made the south end-zone look like a swarm of white insects. It was awesome to me.

I really wonder what it sounds like on the field. I would be curious what a packed Bobby Dodd sounds like on the field and how it compares to other places that are most likely bigger. For some reason I think they way our field lays out might end of producing a louder sound. Thoughts?

BDS is one of the most intimate settings in college football. The stands are extremely close to the field and the students comprise about 30% of the field boundary. It's almost like a football version of Dook's Cameron indoor stadium. The fans are on top of the action. I recall during the VPI '09 game the crowd noise was measured to be 108-109 dB on the field. I think Oregon's Autzen Stadium hit 112 db once, so our home is on par with others. When BDS is rocking, the Jackets do some shocking.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
BDS can get loud, for sure. The Maryland (MJ goal-line stand game) was super loud, and it was in the middle of the day with neither team ranked, I believe. CU '11, UM last year... Definitely can be rocking, but we justifiably get a bad rap for not selling out games.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
My buddy (I have known him since middle school and attended his wedding to stand as a groomsman) made a horrible decision to go play for the mutts. He has since graduated ( a feat for those dasterdly boys in red) and we have resumed our friendship (TiC).

I asked him one time to name the loudest places he saw, over 4 years with uga(ly) and he listed GT as a top 5 loudness. Including Clemson, the Swamp, Ole Miss, LSU, Alabama, SC, and others. He did say running by the tiger was scary as hell and apparently they used to use a caddle prod on it to encourage roaring down the tunnel at the opposing team.

Would be interested to hear the GT Player's take on field noise too

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I couldn't have been happier with the placement of the allotted Seminole band tickets!
I was near the 250 FSU band members in the north stands upper. They were 15 rows above me and 1.5 sections to my left. They were not much of a noise factor compared to the overall stadium noise.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445873023.804923.jpg

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
I wish they would come up with a way to fill up the South endzone better, but it was still a great crowd. I was in the Swarm and didn't even know FSU had a band sitting right above us until after the game.