"The Big 4"

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
This year was so improbable, which makes it even the more special. We could have "dreamed" all of this (without the Duke nightmare), but most of us did not dare to really utter the dream. For those of you who are optimists, and believed from the beginning, KUDOS to you. I will never be able to over look facts and always put on the gold colored glasses no matter what, but like you, I will enjoy this special bunch of guys and coaches this year, and I will continue to try to BELIEVE better going forward. Go Jackets!! Beat Free Shoes and win a big bowl game. I know you can do it. No matter what, this GT grad is more than proud of what this team has accomplished.

Nate Anderson

Jolly Good Fellow
Your right man. In the post-game interview when PJ said he doesn't care about what happens at home "I'm 2-2 in Athens!" It made me think about how awesome the regular season was, and that we are going to be "up there" in the polls. :sneaky:(y)

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
been saying since the beginning of the year i liked what i was hearing.

difference between last year and this year? imo... a qb that really didnt buy into the system left and 13 other players that may or may not have had issues that effected the chemistry of the team left for one reason or another! addition by subtraction.

i can remember all the posts lamenting the lost 14 players. wanting to fire the coaching staff. predicting a losing record. 'NOW WHAT!":D

on top of that the schedule played out at the end such that each team got incrementally more difficult.
a perfect storm as i saw it.

we first learned how to win. we then learned how to win as a team by coming from behind. we learned how to be resilient ala fsu. we also learned how to lose and the pain that goes with losing. then the coaching staff ramped up the education on d and let them play. we have now won 5 in a row and almost finished the gauntlet.

i see no reason we can not win 2 more games to finish at 12-2 or if the cards fell exactly right we could make the top 4 and be the cinderella/underdog in 4 team play off.

say 13-2 real slow. savor it. now follow that with...

"2014 bcs national champs.... ga tech yellow jackets with coach paul johnson national coach of the year".

dont know about you folks but it gives me chills thinking about it.

not possible you say? well most of us would never have thought that beating the dwags and 10-2 record would be possible after losing 14 players this past summer. eh? even more so after we lost to duke and unc back to back.

one last thought to toss out there....

while it is a most wonderful thing to be able to rag the dwag for the next year about our win.... i can think of something that would chap their asses FOREVER.

if gt became the answer for the trivia question... what engineering school won the first bcs football play-off overcoming tremendous odds to do so?

can you imagine the pain that would bring a most deserving fan base. im in for donating a stick of chapstick how about you?

go jackets

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Your right man. In the post-game interview when PJ said he doesn't care about what happens at home "I'm 2-2 in Athens!" It made me think about how awesome the regular season was, and that we are going to be "up there" in the polls. :sneaky:(y)
Don't know about the polls: They will probably stick Ol Miss and Missou ahead of us.