The Best Part About Being Undefeated

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Is NOT the ratings, NOT the national media attention, NOT the bragging rights (well maybe a little bit), NOT the bowl streak necessarily, but rather this: when your team is undefeated, every next game means so much more than the one before it. Being undefeated is hard to maintain, but it is exciting as all get out while it lasts. The longer it goes, the more the intensity swells surrounding all facets of the program. I, for one, am incredibly pumped about tonights game - just to see if we can keep this thing going. We may only be about a 55% favorite to come out on top tonight, but that just makes it soo much more entertaining for me. Just imagine how huge next Saturday's game becomes if we come out on the right side of the scoreboard tonight.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps this should be a new thread somewhere but what are people's feelings about Tech coming out a little sluggish or out of sync to begin the game? I contend that the reason Tech's bowl record is not better is not because other teams have longer to prepare (the myth that will never die) but that Tech's offense is so dependent on timing. Even a two week lay off has sometimes had an effect on this offense in the past. I am so pumped for this game I just want to see Tech play well. I honestly feel that if Tech plays well it will be no contest. But if Tech comes out stale from the layoff it could be a frustrating night.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
2 undefeated teams have fallen already this weekend. 3 more will. 2 more on top of that, iirc, are playing ranked 1 loss teams.

If we win tonight, we'll be among a handful of remaining unbeatens. Lots of pressure, but I expect respect will follow.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
The danger, in my opinion, is getting amped too early (in the week before the game). Its not a switch you can flip as a coach or a player - but you have to try to get the emotional peak to happen right before the game. I think that, more than anything, is why teams come out flat before important games - their emotional tank emptied on Thursday or Friday - they overdid it.

I don't think we are going to have that problem today.

But after we win tonight, I'll be somewhat concerned for next weekend.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
Being undefeated meant going to run errands this morning in my GT white sweatshirt and white GT hat and getting more positive comments in a morning than I've heard in years. Tonight is a really big opportunity. Can't wait to get to BDS! Go Jackets!