The Best of: Wide Receiver

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
1 - Calvin
2 - Kerry Watkins
3 - BayBay fake field goal vs Clemson 2009
4 - DeAndre Hopkins (Clemson 2012) 7 receptions, 173 yards (approx 25 yard avg per catch), 2 TDs

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
1 - Bay Bay (a personal friend)
2 - Nate Curry - he was a stud and an awesome person and leader on and off the field. If not for a torn ACL in the middle of his career, he'd have been even better.
3 - Bay Bay's stiff arm and 70 yards to the house against Ugag '09. 1st play of the 2nd half that put us back in the game and started what could have been a tremendous comeback win. It still stings that it wasn't, and that his drop at the end sealed it.
4 - Samardjiza - somehow came down with a deep ball over a perfectly positioned Kenny Scott in '06. I really thought Kenny was going to intercept the ball. That got them out of a deep hole and changed the game.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
1. Fave is Bay Bay Thomas, but Calvin is a close second (he was better though [emoji41])
2. Underrated, I'd almost have to say Bay Bay as well, since he was following the GOAT and always had that unfair comparison looming over his head. Here I have to go with Jonathan Smith...he was #21 before Calvin was.
3. Favorite single play is probably a tie between Watkins and Johnson's game winners against Clemson, but my favorite recurring play was the smoke route to Bay Bay...it was beautiful watching him plant a DB with the stiff arm and take it to the house.
4. I tend to block a lot of these out in my mind, but Hopkins/Watkins killed us a few years ago, and I think one of the Duke WRs (Crowder maybe?) had a career game against us recently.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
1. Megatron
2. Kerry Watkins
3. Dez White over the middle and cut to the right sideline heading south for a TD to cap an amazing comeback against UVA orchestrated by L'il Joe.
4. Hurts too much to think about at the moment. I guess Clemson going something like 8 for 10 on deep balls against us at their place a few years ago.

Boomer,
on Dez White play I think you'll see we clipped a guy but wasn't called--but we'll take it anytime

alagold

Helluva Engineer
1. Calvin
2.Jimmy Robinson--got more out a nothing body than almost any Tech WR ever
3.DJ White reception vs uga---I know he's not a WR but I loved it vs uga-------Watkins vs clem,Mega vs clem--I hate orange
4.that uva WR in big game in 1990 almost did us in by himself

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
1. Calvin
2. Brad Stewart :whistle::unsure::sorry::happy:
3. Gary Lee's KOR against ugah. 1985
4. Hines Ward on a shallow cross to beat Brooking and Rogers...pass int on next play won it for dogs.

oldgold1771

Georgia Tech Fan
1. Calvin
2. Brad Stewart :whistle::unsure::sorry::happy:
3. Gary Lee's KOR against ugah. 1985
4. Hines Ward on a shallow cross to beat Brooking and Rogers...pass int on next play won it for dogs.

You just made me throw up in my mouth. I was a freshman that year and remember that play but wasn't it Champ and not Hines. Pass interference was on tillman and it was complete BS!

1) Calvin
2) Middleton
3) Watkins against Clemson
4) There was a guy that played for FSU cant remember his name but he torched us in Atlanta. I just remember thinking the whole team couldn't stop that guy.

That guy was Peter Warick

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
  1. Favorite WR Kelly Campbell
  2. Most Underrated WR Kerry Watkins
  3. Favorite Single WR Play Kerry Watkins for the win vs Clemson ( I was at a Clemson fan's house watching the game, so sweet)
  4. Best Opposing WR Performance #5 from Clemson in 2014. Milton stepped in front of him for a pick 6 and he never laid a hand on Milton.;)

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
GT All-Time:
  1. Favorite WR
  2. Most Underrated WR
  3. Favorite Single WR Play
  4. Best Opposing WR Performance
1. Kerry Watkins. So many great moments. The catch vs Clemson, punching Marcus Stroud in the face. Tough SOB
2. Jonathan "Freddie" Smith. Burner and smooth return man as well.
3. The catch, either one or two.
4. I try to block these out, but Will Fuller seemed to make big plays in both games against ND.

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
My apologies old gold. ... you are absolutely right. Wannabechamp. Was the player who broke my heart that day. James Wilder I believe had just scored to put us ahead with about 2 minutes. That was the game the refs gave US an illegal substitution penalty after O'Leary bxxxxched abt. Ugah doing it 2 times. Cost us 7 points if I recall correctly. ..or if incorrectly please reformat my memory! Lol

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
1. Kelly Campbell - obviously Calvin and Bay Bay were more dominating physically and important, but this dude was lighting it up with Ham & Goose
2. Jonathan Smith - was the guy who took the torch from Dez & Kelly and never seemed to get credit for his performances
3. Calvin - Spiderman catch
4. Switzer - UNC 2014 always seemed to show up when we were finally about to get them off the field. If we had pulled that game out, who knows how much more special our season could have been

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
My apologies old gold. ... you are absolutely right. Wannabechamp. Was the player who broke my heart that day. James Wilder I believe had just scored to put us ahead with about 2 minutes. That was the game the refs gave US an illegal substitution penalty after O'Leary bxxxxched abt. Ugah doing it 2 times. Cost us 7 points if I recall correctly. ..or if incorrectly please reformat my memory! Lol

IIRC Wilder scored with less than a minute. We called a timeout before the play to get set up, and I was screaming at O'Leary from Upper West that by doing that he had left too much time on the clock for uga. Didn't need the timeout, uga's defense was finished. They were ready to just get off the field. Then uga scored with 8 seconds left.