The 2017 Georgia Tech football Schedule

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I hate these off-season threads during the season and wasn't going to respond. However, it's not too early to say that I think it's way too early to say anything about what we have coming back next year. Our offense seems to be getting better each week and "only" loses Freddy and JT. I put the only in quotes because on the one hand they're the two best players but on the other hand, they're only two players.

We don't have to ask if MJ will be as good as JT at doing JT stuff, but will he be able to do enough to be as good as JN, TW, VL, or JT in his own way. When MJ got the ball at QB over the last two seasons, he's shown that he's got a prettier pass (imo) than most of what we've seen from the previous 4 qbs. His release isn't as quick, nor as capable of escape, nor as fast over all, as JT. However, he's bigger and stronger, and likely more tough. If he develops a better pocket-presence, he may be just as effective. He has a 438.4 passer rating this year (ok, scoring a TD on every completion is easier when you only throw 2 passes). He ran our offense fairly well in the Mercer and Vandy games, except for the turnovers that have happened to every QB during early year/years.

If our offense doesn't keep getting better and if the light of consistency doesn't come on for our D, then, yeah, next year will be rough. But, I still think that both things can happen. We'll see.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Unless Matthew Jordan steps in and is the qb that JT was in 14 or one of these Rs Fr are I dont see anything better than 7-5. I think UT rolls us the first game. I know they lose a lot but gineva team with talent and a somewhat decent staff spring and early fall camp to prep for the TO and we are hit. And breaking in a new starter at Qb on top. I see a repeat of this years Clemson game, maybe worse. As far as the rest of the season I think we can slowly improve but the O line has to block and stay healthy.
It looks like Dobbs is a senior, so Tennessee may take a step back on offense. With both starters being new and the game being on a neutral field, I think this one is a coin flip.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It looks like Dobbs is a senior, so Tennessee may take a step back on offense. With both starters being new and the game being on a neutral field, I think this one is a coin flip.
Tennessee's probable 2017 game one quarterback Quinten Dormady is a drop back passer who is a step slow and he may be replaced by mid season by very mobile Jarrett Guarantano . Tennessee's replacements for Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara will be John Kelly and Carlin Fils-Aime. I think Tennessee falls back a little bit going 9-3 in 2017(losing to Florida,Alabama and LSU)

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Unbeaten. Man that would be awesome for so many reasons. Possible? Sure. Likely? Probably not. A small part of me would laugh my *** off though if it happened and CPJ said "Thanks but this is a lot easier elsewhere...I'm bouncing." I'd kill to be able to see the looks on the faces of all the boobs here hating on him and his offense.

If I were him, got things turned around this year 8 wins and bowl, got 10 next year. You bet my sweet *** I'd have my agent scouting for better digs.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Unbeaten. Man that would be awesome for so many reasons. Possible? Sure. Likely? Probably not. A small part of me would laugh my *** off though if it happened and CPJ said "Thanks but this is a lot easier elsewhere...I'm bouncing." I'd kill to be able to see the looks on the faces of all the boobs here hating on him and his offense.

If I were him, got things turned around this year 8 wins and bowl, got 10 next year. You bet my sweet *** I'd have my agent scouting for better digs.
Bobby Bowden did something similar in 1975 at West Virginia. West Virginia went 4-7 in 1974 and fans were very vocal in calling for his firing and Bobby announced 1975 would be his final season at West Virginia. West Virginia finished 9-3 beating NCSU 13-10 in the Peach Bowl and ended up in the top 20. Bobby went to FSU and West Virginia didn't have another winning season until 1981.