The 2014 Season in a Nutshell

SavannahBee

Georgia Tech Fan
The Kick.JPG

For me, this sums it up! SO looking forward to September 3, 2015. EOT.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Never get enough. Kinda like Roddy's run in 08!
Off key a bit, but looking at the GA sideline reminded me what I cannot get enough of: it is Paul Johnson on the Tech sideline, hardly reacting at all, getting ready for overtime already. Most coaches would have been turning cartwheels and have to be reminded the game had yet to be won. I found it really telling. The guy coaches end to end and side to side, to the final gun, regardless of the score and who is on the field, even the three-deeps. They get his best shot.

View attachment 809

For me, this sums it up! SO looking forward to September 3, 2015. EOT.
A game of inches. Butker punches his ticket into the Georgia Tech Hall of Fame. 53 yards. For the tie, not the win. Miss it and you wear the goat horns. What a kick. This is a repeat from another contributor, but this was on a whole 'nutha level than Sisson's kick in Charlottesville. A miss meant a loss, and a heartbreaking loss to those slobbering curs. What a kick.

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
I think the angle of the photo makes it look closer that it really is. If I remember right, the ball was to the left of the lineman's hand by a good bit.

Nonetheless, it's a great photo.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
We were there in Athens and saw the kick. My wife and I were up in the corner, but on the opposite end zone, along with a huge group of Tech people and coaches' families. The kick was so close that we really didn't know if it had made up over until the 2 guys underneath the goalpost went ballistic!

It will remain one of the single most beautiful sights in sports that I have ever witnessed.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
We were there in Athens and saw the kick. My wife and I were up in the corner, but on the opposite end zone, along with a huge group of Tech people and coaches' families. The kick was so close that we really didn't know if it had made up over until the 2 guys underneath the goalpost went ballistic!

It will remain one of the single most beautiful sights in sports that I have ever witnessed.

We were in a box, deep in Bulldog country, right behind the student section. Our vantage point as right on top of the goal line. When I saw the managers go nuts, I thought, what the hell are they doing? And I realized, those are TECH's ball guys. He made it.
It was REALLY quiet around us right then.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
In a nutshell? Awesome. I'm still floating around on cloud nine.

If I were to pic a photo to represent my take on the season...I'd have to choose between a photo of Shaq road grading someone...or the pic of DJs strip of the Pitt RB

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Off key a bit, but looking at the GA sideline reminded me what I cannot get enough of: it is Paul Johnson on the Tech sideline, hardly reacting at all, getting ready for overtime already. Most coaches would have been turning cartwheels and have to be reminded the game had yet to be won. I found it really telling. The guy coaches end to end and side to side, to the final gun, regardless of the score and who is on the field, even the three-deeps. They get his best shot.

Considering that Johnson was 0-3 in OT in games at GT, he should have been getting ready for it. Apparently there were 3 teams that didn't get his best shot.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
Considering that Johnson was 0-3 in OT in games at GT, he should have been getting ready for it. Apparently there were 3 teams that didn't get his best shot.

lol, you haven't had a single positive post on this board since you joined 2 years ago, and you disappeared from the FB board after mid-September only to return before the UGA game to tell us how Tech didn't have the talent to win that game.

Maybe you'd be better off somewhere else?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Paul Johnson on the Tech sideline, hardly reacting at all, getting ready for overtime already.
How do you say..... focused, dialed in, in the zone? CPJ has admitted more than once that his competitive desire runs really deep. The mental part of his game does not let up until the game is won.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
How do you say..... focused, dialed in, in the zone? CPJ has admitted more than once that his competitive desire runs really deep. The mental part of his game does not let up until the game is won.
I do recall an AJC story from a few years back, when he and Jon(?) Berry were playing in that ACC coaches golf tournament, the prize being $50,000 to the winning school's general scholarship fund, and Berry wanting to lay up over a long par 5 water hole, but Johnson hauled out his 3-wood and went for it. Kind of like football. Made the green too, as I remember. What I like as much as anything else is that he coaches every player on the team, whatever the score, and I have seen a head coach remove the head phones when he gets the bench in the game. Have to think guys would want to play for a guy like that.