That should be Geoff’s last game as head coach

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
We all know painfully well the cost of the early buyout. But the administration better factor in the ‘do nothing’ option, the cost of starring down the likely barrel of another 3 win season. The long-term cost associated with the latter is much greater, in my opinion, than the short-term cost of firing him now. We may be helluva engineers but there’s no time machine to update that awful contract. The sobering reality is that we have, at best, two ‘coin-flop’ games, one game where we’re a single digit underdog, and five games where we’ll be a double-digit dog. The likelihood of having a non-losing season at this point is around 70-1.

I long for the days where we can ***** about going 7-5 yet again but those days will be much further out if we don’t grow a pair and make tough decisions now – today. Stansbury should also be fired for electing to go down with the ship – but only once we line up the new AD. Then the new AD will need to get our new head coach. /rant

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The risk of waiting has probably increased with the transfer portal situation. You need someone in place to avoid a major bleed out, much less any upside from the portal.

So do you expect to have someone in place while the regular season is going on?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
If we didn't fire him after ending last season 100-0 we aren't going to fire him before his buyout drops again. Idk how you keep your job after ending the season losing 100-0 in your last 2 games but here we are

oops just saw someone else made the same comment. GTbandit hit the nail on the head

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Paid administrative leave - fire him at end of season, but get him (& Key) away from our team.
I actually like this. Humiliate Collins and give him no more press conferences.

We should force him to sit in the season ticket holder section while on leave

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I actually like this. Humiliate Collins and give him no more press conferences.

We should force him to sit in the season ticket holder section while on leave
Not near me.
1663460831683.gif

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
Honest question from a non GT follower is what is the next step and who is better? I was a massive option / CPJ fan and followed religiously those years but have largely been away and have just seen the dumpster fire unfortunately that seems to be there now.

I agree with others I see on here and the chat sometimes that it is going to be really hard today as college has gone into even more semi- pro ball now for GT to compete so seems like they need a unique style (which is why I thought CPJ was a really good hire at the time). Of course GT won’t go back that direction and the option has been largely legislated out of the hand at this point anyway so what else is there? I honestly don’t know if run and shoot is different enough than what everyone else runs to make GT hard to prepare for and play against. Is there anything else? Is anyone running a pro Style i formation set that would be different from the vanilla zone read shotgun system but could of course have a lot of passing and shotgun as well?

I understand Collins may just be bad and the results certainly seem to bear that out clearly but my fear is if GT hires an up and coming FCS guy or p5 coordinator or whoever I’m not sure they have a lot of success at GT now due to the current rule set and the semi pro nature of college football now. I understand that a better coach running the standard system should of course be a fair amount better but is a even a good coach going to be a perennial bowl team at GT today running the standard systems? I really don’t know but it’s an honest question from an outsider.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
Honest question from a non GT follower is what is the next step and who is better? I was a massive option / CPJ fan and followed religiously those years but have largely been away and have just seen the dumpster fire unfortunately that seems to be there now.

I agree with others I see on here and the chat sometimes that it is going to be really hard today as college has gone into even more semi- pro ball now for GT to compete so seems like they need a unique style (which is why I thought CPJ was a really good hire at the time). Of course GT won’t go back that direction and the option has been largely legislated out of the hand at this point anyway so what else is there? I honestly don’t know if run and shoot is different enough than what everyone else runs to make GT hard to prepare for and play against. Is there anything else? Is anyone running a pro Style i formation set that would be different from the vanilla zone read shotgun system but could of course have a lot of passing and shotgun as well?

I understand Collins may just be bad and the results certainly seem to bear that out clearly but my fear is if GT hires an up and coming FCS guy or p5 coordinator or whoever I’m not sure they have a lot of success at GT now due to the current rule set and the semi pro nature of college football now. I understand that a better coach running the standard system should of course be a fair amount better but is a even a good coach going to be a perennial bowl team at GT today running the standard systems? I really don’t know but it’s an honest question from an outsider.
I think there are a few good options, pun intended. I like Mike Houston at ECU, Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina, Dan Mullen would be interesting, I would love a guy like Malzahn. but he wouldn't leave UCF for Tech.

I think Monken would be interesting, but the optics would be impossible to overcome.