Thanks Coach Pastner

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I like Pastner and hope he finds success in his next job. It was time to move on though.

Quinlan says Pastner will be informed later today? This didn't really hit twitter before they officially told Pastner did it?

That's bush league, if true. If it is, Pastner will be too classy to call out GT although he'd be well within his rights to do so. Again, if true.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Well I hate to see it leak out this way, but understand the logic. CJP gave it his all, and it just wasn't working. I truly believe he understood what the GT Experience is about at our best. I hope the next guy brings some semblance of that to the job.

We are unique in that we hold on to the academic side as something to be celebrated not shirked from. I'll toast the new hire with the hope in my heart that he gets that.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I like Pastner and hope he finds success in his next job. It was time to move on though.

Quinlan says Pastner will be informed later today? This didn't really hit twitter before they officially told Pastner did it?
While I have never fired anyone making 7 figures on a multi-year contract admittedly, if this is true is is reprehensible. Whenever I fired anyone, at most 2, maybe 3 other people knew about it. If I had people near me that I could not trust, I would include them next in the firing line.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

All sorts of national pundits reporting the meeting is incoming.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Didn't even wait for the ACC Tourney to end. The decision was already made and short of winning the ACC Tourney the fate was most likely already sealed.

While I feel bad for him in one aspect, he as $2.5M payable over the next 3 yearsto soothe his disappointment .
"Pastner will be owed about $2.5 million payable over the remaining three years of his contract. "

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m sorry to see him go. Missteps, sure. Failure to adjust Princeton for roster this year, yes. A quality human being, definitely. He was a great role model, and I feel did not get the NIL support, which was crippling. He was goofy at times, but damn likeable. The face shield was iconic, and appreciate the ACCT run. If Moses doesn’t get Covid, who knows what a run could have done for GT exposure on national level. I strongly believe Pastner will resurface and be successful. Just didn’t work, and I fully understand change. A lot of new faces coming to ACC benches next year. Ready to support next coach, ESPECIALLY if he can keep Kelly, Coleman, Sturdivant, Smith, Moore, Blue Cain, and Freds, PLUS add TWO legit post guys. Things could change significantly in a year, and if it plays out that way, Pastner has to still get some credit because those are his guys. Fresh start, let’s get pumped for Selection Sunday one year from now.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
J Batt arrived at either the best or worst time for a new AD. Two major head coaching changes in less than a year. Fortunately, all signs point towards Ramsey if and when Hall decides to hang up the cleats.

slugboy

Staff member
Thanks, Josh. We’ll always have the face shield. And a championship

528A9737-F0E0-4EBA-864D-0ED9F41CF8E4.jpeg