Thank you!

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I was looking forward to watching old seasons courtesy of GT_Bob and his faithful YouTube chronicling of recent Jacket football.
Alas, someone's panties got in a wad.
Bob, as a viewer of your YouTube posts over the years, thanks for your diligent work and service to Tech fans.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if others doing the same for their respective fan bases were treated in the same fashion as Bob was.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if others doing the same for their respective fan bases were treated in the same fashion as Bob was.
Clemson has had two channels taken down since I’ve been doing this. At least “they” are consistent. Tiger Rays content was incredible. He had Danny Ford coaches shoes from back in the ‘80s. TigerTV just got pulled down. I’m wondering how long Cylon Wolf and Hokie Tapes have...

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Clemson has had two channels taken down since I’ve been doing this. At least “they” are consistent. Tiger Rays content was incredible. He had Danny Ford coaches shoes from back in the ‘80s. TigerTV just got pulled down. I’m wondering how long Cylon Wolf and Hokie Tapes have...
I would upload the videos to Dailymotion. Just like YouTube but they aren’t big enough to worry about copyright as much

WrecknRoll

Georgia Tech Fan
Man I am just spitting mad about this, I freaking LOVED your GT channel!! My son actually discovered it a couple years ago when he was only 14 and told me about it. We've had some great times watching old games together!!

Really hoping something can be done to get you back online!

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Bob - thanks so much for all your work on this over the years. I've been subscribed since at least 2014, and the vids got me through many a dull offseason.

I felt pretty sure that it was a limited-time thing - but also thought that the fact that you weren't monetizing them in any way would ultimately help you out. Unfortunate that copyright and Youtube takedowns have become such a ridiculous racket - and as you recounted, there's virtually no way to appeal it. Youtube puts the power in the hands of the copyright-holders (or those who just claim copyright), and doesn't give someone like you much recourse. Royally sucks for all of us, especially at a time like now.

Regardless, thanks again for putting all the blood, sweat and tears into the channel over the years. I appreciated it not just for the viewing, but also for the fact that there was an 'archive' of GT games out there. If you have them all stored digitally somewhere, kinda makes me wish we could set up a torrent or something similar of the games so all of us could share in keeping the archive alive. Thanks again!

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve got a torrent set up. Let me know if you want in. I’m using RetroShare. I don’t know if this works with other torrent programs. Drop a line and My collection is at your disposal. If you do join, please share with others in the circle to minimize my bandwidth consumption. Some things to be aware of:
- As of now, it’s about 3 TB.
- I don’t always have mp4s. A good chunk of the recent games are archive quality 1080p 5.1 Dolby audio *.mkv (Metroska) recordings. They will work with Plex or Handbrake. These are large files due to the size and quality. (This is the part that losing YouTube will suck as the files aren’t scaled to the device...)
- There are radio overlays of a few of the games. COFH 85, 99, 14, 16, FSU 15, OB 14, ACCCG 14. Not all of these were published to YouTube as These got hit for takedown almost immediately upon upload.
- I’ve also got some mp4s of radio games going back to the ‘50s.

I am glad to send usb hard drives at cost to anyone that would want one, or you can queue for the one that I have to share. If anyone prefers a different torrent means, please let me know.

I’ve got a torrent set up. Let me know if you want in. I’m using RetroShare. I don’t know if this works with other torrent programs. Drop a line and My collection is at your disposal. If you do join, please share with others in the circle to minimize my bandwidth consumption. Some things to be aware of:
- As of now, it’s about 3 TB.
- I don’t always have mp4s. A good chunk of the recent games are archive quality 1080p 5.1 Dolby audio *.mkv (Metroska) recordings. They will work with Plex or Handbrake. These are large files due to the size and quality. (This is the part that losing YouTube will suck as the files aren’t scaled to the device...)
- There are radio overlays of a few of the games. COFH 85, 99, 14, 16, FSU 15, OB 14, ACCCG 14. Not all of these were published to YouTube as These got hit for takedown almost immediately upon upload.
- I’ve also got some mp4s of radio games going back to the ‘50s.

I am glad to send usb hard drives at cost to anyone that would want one, or you can queue for the one that I have to share. If anyone prefers a different torrent means, please let me know.
Do you have the radio broadcast of the '62 Tech-Bama game? That would be an awesome one to listen to. I recorded the '90 Tech-UVA game and saved it to DVD, both with and without the radio overlay. But since I seldom view even that one, I have never really availed myself of the ones you have posted, other than maybe searching for and watching a few key plays in some of them. But I sure do appreciate the fact that you did post them, and I think it's terrible that you no longer can.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if you could create a new YouTube account, upload them using the unlisted feature. In other words, you'd have to know who to talk to get the links to games. That might keep the heat off for a while anyways. Then again, knowing Google, the digital fingerprints of the content have been recorded, so uploading them again unaltered will be immediately flagged for removal. But the Torrent isn't a bad idea either (at least for those who know how to operate torrent clients).

Thanks for everything! I know how much work it is to record, edit, and upload things like this.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if you could create a new YouTube account, upload them using the unlisted feature. In other words, you'd have to know who to talk to get the links to games. That might keep the heat off for a while anyways. Then again, knowing Google, the digital fingerprints of the content have been recorded, so uploading them again unaltered will be immediately flagged for removal. But the Torrent isn't a bad idea either (at least for those who know how to operate torrent clients).

Thanks for everything! I know how much work it is to record, edit, and upload things like this.

YouTube has algorithms that scans even the private videos that aren't shared. I've tried the unlisted route and those got hit as well. The torrent is up and hopefully will give folks a way to better share this.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you have the radio broadcast of the '62 Tech-Bama game? That would be an awesome one to listen to. I recorded the '90 Tech-UVA game and saved it to DVD, both with and without the radio overlay. But since I seldom view even that one, I have never really availed myself of the ones you have posted, other than maybe searching for and watching a few key plays in some of them. But I sure do appreciate the fact that you did post them, and I think it's terrible that you no longer can.
Unfortunately no. I have the '56 radio feed. I would LOVE to hear the UVA GT game radio broadcast if you are willing to share it.