Thank you Alabama...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We have one to give but we also have 2 unsigned commits and a handful of offers out there on top of that. I do hope we have one for Wells once everything shakes out because he does deserve it.

The outstanding offers should be pulled until he gets a scholarship, IMO. Like you said, he deserves it.

Old Chinese proverb: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I hope it's the PK from Colquitt County, he wants to stay local and he wants a LOI (scholly) out of HS

Fitzgerald? Yeah, the old staff was recruiting him and Collins follows him on Twitter, so I suspect he is interested, as well. May depend on the numbers whether CGC wants to use another scholly on a kicker.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
If I remember correctly, a few years ago Bama came in and stole a committed kicker (Bulovas) from us. Seems like we may be in much better shape in that department with Wells.

You seem to forget how gawd awful kicking was in 2017... even PAT, we were on our toes. And 2018 season until we lucked out with Wells. Bulovas would have definitely won us some games, not to mention us actually qualifying for a bowl game in 2017.

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
Fitzgerald? Yeah, the old staff was recruiting him and Collins follows him on Twitter, so I suspect he is interested, as well. May depend on the numbers whether CGC wants to use another scholly on a kicker.
Any chance you have a list of all the new coaches twitter handles? Has someone already posted this?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Would we really give a scholarship to a HS kicker and leave Wells with none?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
You seem to forget how gawd awful kicking was in 2017... even PAT, we were on our toes. And 2018 season until we lucked out with Wells. Bulovas would have definitely won us some games, not to mention us actually qualifying for a bowl game in 2017.

Look at the stats:

GT 2017 XP% 91.9 including 1 from a walk on who only attempted 1 kick his entire tenure at GT. For Davis and King it was 94.4
Boulovas 92.6

GT 2017 FG% 70
Boulovas 77.8

From a stat standpoint it doesn't look that different. If you look at the media, they have been critical of Alabama's place kicking this year. It was not any better than GT in 2017.

As a HS senior, kicking off of a block, he was 80% on PATs, and 30% on FGs with a long of 37. With the transition to kicking off of the turf, I don't understand why people believe he would have been a savior at the position.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Urban Meyer hasn’t been Utah’s coach since like 04...

Yeah it was Whittingham. Wow, Utah finished number 2 in the AP that year. Crazy. They should retroactively claim a national championship for that year. Better resume than UCF last year.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
The outstanding offers should be pulled until he gets a scholarship, IMO. Like you said, he deserves it.

Old Chinese proverb: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Actually, I think that's 可以掌握的小东西,胜过没有把握的大东西。

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

The part of our kicking game that gave me more heartburn this year was our kickoffs. Maybe I was spoiled by Butker, but many college teams I watched on TV kicked the ball through or over the end zone most of the time just like he did. For the last two years, I found myself praying someone will tackle the return man before he gets beyond the 40.

Last edited: