Terry Bowden Joins Clemson As Grad Assistant

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
LOL. You just can’t make this stuff up.
He first tried describing himself as an unpaid intern. Now it is graduate assistant? Like Dabo is going to waste one of those limited positions, without exception saved for coaching prospects -- like Dabo at Alabama -- on the likes of a 63-year-old, three or four times fired coach whose best job of coaching was his first year at Auburn 26 years ago? Who just got fired and is still being paid by Akron, known mostly for its tires and some guy named LaBron James? (Well, there is a golf course of some repute there, too.) Nah, he is a volunteer hanging around and according to his brother Tommy, cleaning up his resume before going out again. If you twisted my arm and I had to bet, I would bet that Tommy picked up the phone to Dabo Swinney, and as graciously as possible found a way to remind him that when Tommy was fired he recommended Swinney over two coordinators. And then said his brother didn't need any actual pay, you see, and maybe he could kind of hang around until he could find another job? And Dabo Swinney, every tooth grinding and every nerve stepped on, said well, okay, but he has to stay out of our way and by the way, he can start by working the football camp. With the 12-year-old group. I would also bet Dabo now considers the debt paid. Terry Bowden is a piece of work. I wonder what the actual Clemson staff thinks of this?