Tennessee

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure why Heath, Hayward and Stephens are playing so much. none are here next year and we need to start the slow rebuild.

At least passy finally listened to me about Mathews instead of continuing to leave him on the bench the whole game.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not sure why Heath, Hayward and Stephens are playing so much. none are here next year and we need to start the slow rebuild.

At least passy finally listened to me about Mathews instead of continuing to leave him on the bench the whole game.
Bruh...

Who was supposed to play instead of Heath & Heyward today?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Bruh...

Who was supposed to play instead of Heath & Heyward today?

Yeah but he's right in theory. The young guys gotta be playing. Burn through minutes this year if for no other reason than to show recruits that p.t. is attainable.

Ya feel me, brah.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah but he's right in theory. The young guys gotta be playing. Burn through minutes this year if for no other reason than to show recruits that p.t. is attainable.

Ya feel me, brah.

Justin Moore is averaging 28 min/game.

Okogie is averaging 29 min/game.

If C-Matt can show he's awake on defense (he did today), he should take all of AD's minutes.

AD as a concept of a player makes a lot of sense. What he is in executing a game does not warrant the scant minutes he's now getting. He should sit, except to split spelling Lammers with Ogbonda, who isn't strong enough yet for his position.

Q needs to step up in execution, but reality is that he's been steady. Heyward should be a 15min/game player on this team to spark some defense and bring a level of calmness. Forget if I said this in chat or another thread, but against PSU & today, Heath looks like a guy playing his way to the bench.

@kg01 - didn't see you in chat, but Moore was home on campus with a stomach virus, so, bruh... who's playing today instead of Heath & Heyward?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Q sitting is ridiculous. It's not going to happen and his play hasn't warranted it. He is our second best rebounder and we are a bad rebounding team. Q was the only one who could hit a shot for a while today. The deficiencies on this team aren't thing that can be fixed with coaching. John Wooden couldn't win 5 games in the ACC with this roster.

Josh Heath would play 8 mins or less on my team.

The team was lost without JMo today

Jax hasn't improved he just had a couple good games against bad teams. I don't know how many times the same dumb plays have to fail before he tries something new but he's not going to put athlete guys in P6 games. Damn, even my dog learns after only a couple failures.

Teams have figured out you take away Lammers and you win. We have no answer.

CMatt should be taking all of Gueyes mins most of Corey's and some of Jax'. He brings that release point up about 6" and hot damn.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Q sitting is ridiculous. It's not going to happen and his play hasn't warranted it. He is our second best rebounder and we are a bad rebounding team. Q was the only one who could hit a shot for a while today. The deficiencies on this team aren't thing that can be fixed with coaching. John Wooden couldn't win 5 games in the ACC with this roster.

Josh Heath would play 8 mins or less on my team.

The team was lost without JMo today

Jax hasn't improved he just had a couple good games against bad teams. I don't know how many times the same dumb plays have to fail before he tries something new but he's not going to put athlete guys in P6 games. Damn, even my dog learns after only a couple failures.

Teams have figured out you take away Lammers and you win. We have no answer.

CMatt should be taking all of Gueyes mins most of Corey's and some of Jax'. He brings that release point up about 6" and hot damn.
I agree about Q. He hasn't played too bad this year. He has had his bad moments, but he has actually hit open 3's. Plus, he has worked hard. I also agree about Moore. We look far better with him at the point. He just needs to look to shoot the open shot every once in a while. Tadric only played 10 minutes today. It doesn't help that he traveled every time he touched the ball.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Justin Moore is averaging 28 min/game.

Okogie is averaging 29 min/game.

If C-Matt can show he's awake on defense (he did today), he should take all of AD's minutes.

AD as a concept of a player makes a lot of sense. What he is in executing a game does not warrant the scant minutes he's now getting. He should sit, except to split spelling Lammers with Ogbonda, who isn't strong enough yet for his position.

Q needs to step up in execution, but reality is that he's been steady. Heyward should be a 15min/game player on this team to spark some defense and bring a level of calmness. Forget if I said this in chat or another thread, but against PSU & today, Heath looks like a guy playing his way to the bench.

@kg01 - didn't see you in chat, but Moore was home on campus with a stomach virus, so, bruh... who's playing today instead of Heath & Heyward?

I agree with all you posted. I know Moore was out today. That's why I said the poster was right "in theory".

I also understand Q can't sit. Just frustrated that he's not better at this point in his career.

No chat today. kg's only on chat for big games. Did he just go 3rd person on 'em? Oh, yes he did.

Seriously though, I was handling kg04 so I made the hard choice between him and chat.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
My father in law (Tennessee fan) called me before the game and asked if Tennessee could keep in within 20. I'm not sure where the perception that we are decent came from but I told him we probably have the worst P6 roster in the country. Had several people text me wondering how they beat us that bad even when I told them ahead of time they would. There is faint perception out there that we are a decent program still.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
32% from the floor (27% in the first half).
Giving up 52%
19 turnovers

Pretty much imposssible to win with those numbers

Think we saw the reality of this season today, not the la-la land of Southern, Sam Houston, etc. sticking by my original projections for wins and general outlook .

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
My father in law (Tennessee fan) called me before the game and asked if Tennessee could keep in within 20. I'm not sure where the perception that we are decent came from but I told him we probably have the worst P6 roster in the country. Had several people text me wondering how they beat us that bad even when I told them ahead of time they would. There is faint perception out there that we are a decent program still.
The last sentence in your quote should have read ' There is a faint perception out there that we are a decent program NOW'.That speaks volumes to what CJP has done thus far...I'm excited to hear Matthews played well...I see him developing into an explosive scorer in years to come.The kind of kids we're gaining traction with lately in the class of 2017 with Alvarado committing will allow GT to continue to build its brand as a disciplined up tempo exciting style of play in a great environment.Things are looking up...