Tennessee Game 1

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
CPJ needs to run the ball straight up the middle to test the Tennessee defense which may not be improved from 2016.
I agree, he was their strong side LB I won't be surprised to see us running up the middle and to the strong side a lot. If our Bback gets going and we can have our QB running inside with just a few stops from our D we could handle UT.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I agree, he was their strong side LB I won't be surprised to see us running up the middle and to the strong side a lot. If our Bback gets going and we can have our QB running inside with just a few stops from our D we could handle UT.
Butch Jones on the 2017 Tennessee preview show told play by play announcer Bob Kesling that Tennessee would only have 50 plays in their playbook and they would have to play hard and make due with that.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
After practice, LB drill ...
-- dive at my knees ... yeah, it will be okay ... it will get me ready ... put your shoulder pads into my knees ... wait, let me lock them, make them strong ... okay, go

Teammate: "But thas how Kirk' got hurt, dawg. You sure?"

"Nah, jus' dive from the side this time. Wait, lemme close my eyes so I don't see it comin'"

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
What? Lol why?
I have no idea because Tennessee is playing Indiana State on Saturday and shouldn't be hiding their plays from Florida who they will be playing in the Swamp on the 16th. The pessimistic side of me thinks that they think they can blow GT out strictly on talent with a very basic playbook. I think GT will beat them and upset their applecart.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Not making fun of his injury, but

We must have a helluva OL to cause a knee injury BEFORE the game even begins!:LOL:

As I've noted in another thread, it's Tech's experimental pre-season telekinetic cut-block program. A work in progress, needs refining, but obviously has potential as we're now learning.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
WE BEAT VT LAST YEAR WHEN THEY HAD 3 PLAYERS SUSPENDED. good god, let's cut the bs narrative that having superstars sidelined hurts us. We won when our players were suspended.