Tenn Tech (Tues) & Ga State (Wed)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Two mid-week games this week.
Tues v Tenn Tech (3-7) on a 7 game losing streak.
Wed at Ga State (5-6) on a 3 game slide.

2 common opponents with Ga State already. They beat St. Johns (7-5) and lost to Gardner Webb (10-8).

How to handle pitching is always an interesting discussion. CDH alluded to perhaps making Bartnicki a weekend starter in his postgame interview Sunday. With Maxwell starting yesterday (3.0IP / 64 pitches), makes it tough to have him available for Tues for sure... but maybe Wed?? Regardless, expect to see a lot of pitchers covering the 18 innings over these 2 mid-week games. Every game matters. Need to not mess around and bounce back from the pain of this past weekend.

@GTNavyNuke ask for a new person to initiate this midweek thread...you think the mysterious powers will look favorably upon this post? I mock what I don't understand. (y)

None of this may matter anyway.....because...
WEATHER.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
To satisfy @GTNavyNuke and his superstition, we shall open up the mid-week thread:

Golden Eagles of Tenn. Tech from Cookeville, are 3-7 this season.
Winners of their first 3 games in a sweep of Evansville, they have dropped 7 in a row,
including #12 NC St. who swept all 3 of those games. T.T. has a .256 BA, thus far.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
@Buzzbomb hey bud. Great minds think alike... 3 min apart.

Mods... can you merge these midweek baseball threads. This one with...
https://gtswarm.com/threads/tennessee-tech-march-03-tuesday-6-pm.21254/

Thanks you!
I type sloooow. You are the man!

A Nun whacked me so many times that I dropped typing. Only class that I ever quit. Had to replace it with a Study Hall, because nothing else available. The only Study Hall taken in my life. I’m sure you’re fascinated with my life story. So whenever you ask me a question on The Swarm, be ready for the 10 minute delay. The tiny finger, lol.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Both games currently 6pm starts.

D1 Baseball dropped us out of their top 25. No surprise. Need these two wins to get back on track mentally. Then ....... We can talk about later.

I think we'll see staff days pitching. Hopefully we field and hit better and base run better.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Arnold or Dalton Smith should start one game and Hugh Chapman the next

Does anybody know if Will Shirah is pitching this year? I always thought he had good stuff.

Also, what’s the word on Jenkins? I saw him pitch has summer and he has closer type stuff! Like, Grenkoski in the 2020 class, they should both contribute on the mound during their college career.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Does anybody know if Will Shirah is pitching this year? I always thought he had good stuff.

Also, what’s the word on Jenkins? I saw him pitch has summer and he has closer type stuff! Like, Grenkoski in the 2020 class, they should both contribute on the mound during their college career.
Shirah is not on the roster. Going on memory of earlier posts... I think he had surgery & it is assumed this year will be a redshirt year for him.

Again... just my memory/recall, I think CDH has said Jenkins will pitch at some point, but he's needed as a regular bat. So how/when he gets reps on mound is TBD. Obviously... right now... he's dealing with a knee injury.

Others probably have better info.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

Shirah isn’t on the roster and Jenkins got hurt rounding first in the Georgia Southern game. I haven’t heard a timetable for his return.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Shirah is not on the roster. Going on memory of earlier posts... I think he had surgery & it is assumed this year will be a redshirt year for him.

Again... just my memory/recall, I think CDH has said Jenkins will pitch at some point, but he's needed as a regular bat. So how/when he gets reps on mound is TBD. Obviously... right now... he's dealing with a knee injury.

Others probably have better info.
Whoa. I posted my comment and then had to do a double take because I thought the formatting on mine was wrong. Great minds think alike huh

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Shirah is on the roster, according to the website! https://ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/roster/
He’s #34 and I’m pretty sure I saw him at the game in uniform on Saturday.
That’s not the official 35 man roster. That lists 37 players, with 2 of them (Shirah and Friedman) not on the 35 man. Shirah and Friedman have both been in uniform in the dugout, but they aren’t eligible to pitch this season.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s not the official 35 man roster. That lists 37 players, with 2 of them (Shirah and Friedman) not on the 35 man. Shirah and Friedman have both been in uniform in the dugout, but they aren’t eligible to pitch this season.
I would assume he still not over his injury? If he still pitches like she did before the injury, He’s better than majority of the relief pitchers who pitched this weekend!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Shirah is on the roster. Another pitcher was dismissed from the team.

Inquiring minds would like to know who is gone. Or better yet, where is the real roster?
The game notes for the UGA series had a roster that did not include Shirah. I'm not questioning @65Jacket ...I'll assume the 'paperwork' is not updated. The game notes for these mid-week games are not posted, yet. When they post.. it'll be here. We'll see if roster is changed or not.

https://ramblinwreck.com/2020-baseball-game-notes/