Ted Roof

GTYellowJacket12

Jolly Good Fellow
Just saw a thread on ST about the possibility of Roof being a top candidate for Auburn's DC. How this likely is he to consider this Eric? Are we safe to assume he's happy here and not looking elsewhere or if the draw of AU's lack of recruiting restrtctions and being in a familiar place with a familiar coach too much to compete with his current situation here? Could money be an issue?Any thoughts on this?

Link below:
http://flywareagle.com/2014/12/02/au...oof-is-option/

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
It is not that far away, guys, and if they can pay him substantially more, then he would probably take the job. Heck, he could still live in the ATL most of the year if he wants.

Like I keep saying, somebody better start ponying up, if we don't want to see a different coaching staff next year. Pelton could leave with him.....

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Roof loves it here. He loves the atmosphere and this is his alma mater. I don't think he wants to leave.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Besides, he's at home.

Yeah. Remember had a top DC job with a friend at Penn State and HE called Johnson, Johnson did not call him, all because he wanted to come home.

I trust GT will pay him what he has earned and allow him to pay his staff to keep them intact. Continuity is a big deal.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
I doubt it. Although, everyone has their price.

The question is "Would they offer enough that we couldn't cough up enough to keep him?"

slugboy

Staff member
Plus, as much progress as we've made this year, we're not a top 25 defense (yet), and that's what Auburn wants.