Ted Roof

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I really like how I coaching staff is set up right now, and if we want all these guys to stick around, we need to start paying them also. Hopefully AA can find the money these guys deserve.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
CTR came to GT because he wanted to raise his family here in Atlanta. That isn't going to change. IIRC, he reached out to CPJ when the DC position came open while he was still the DC under Bill O'Brien at Penn State. BTW, he has done a great job with these kids and it will get even better as he's also a very good recruiter having grown up in GA.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
On top of PJ getting more $$ for his staff in his contract negotiations, Ted is looking at a realistic possibility for an NC at GT in the next couple of years.

He's been there, done that at AU.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Roof used our weak early schedule to measure and bring along our reserves.
Early in each game he used measured blitzes and later ramped up the aggression.
Kind of plateaued in mid season till unc nipped us.
After unc with each game the aggression came sooner and went to a higher level .
At uga we peaked on defense and when we lost leading tackler - the subs and rest of team were ready and turned it up a notch.

During games he made it hard to adjust and during season he made it hard to scout.

Great job!

Can't wait to see how he used JDH this week.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Roof used our weak early schedule to measure and bring along our reserves.
Early in each game he used measured blitzes and later ramped up the aggression.
Kind of plateaued in mid season till unc nipped us.
After unc with each game the aggression came sooner and went to a higher level .
At uga we peaked on defense and when we lost leading tackler - the subs and rest of team were ready and turned it up a notch.

During games he made it hard to adjust and during season he made it hard to scout.

Great job!

Can't wait to see how he used JDH this week.
Won't get to use JHD until the bowl game

Butler22

Georgia Tech Fan
I heard him say it that he is HOME in his office when he first got here. He is staying here, no worries

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
What is Tech's record against uga with Roof on the sideline as coach or player. I suspect around .500, maybe better. Need to make sure we keep him here. Can't say I was happy when we hired him, but he is the top assistant in the conference this year. To have the defense where it was Saturday with all the smoke, mirrors, and duct tape he had to use at the start of the season is amazing. The boys took on his persona as the year progressed. It's going to be a long off season as I dream about what's coming back on D next year.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
What the GT OFFENSE has done is year is truly impressive, but not too surprising considering our coach's history. What is surprising is the complete turnaround of the DEFENSE. Early in the season it seemed we just did not have the personnel (talent or experience or size or speed) to play good D. Now we are playing really good D with essentially the same personnel. Roof has been using good judgement with substitutions all along but the starters are pretty much the same. We have made great improvements in stopping the run with better tackling and angles and plugging holes and pursuit, and stopping the pass with more pressure, better coverage, and turnovers, not to mention scoring on D. I would like to have a better understanding of what really transformed our D. Any insight anyone?