Tech vs Tech May Cost One School Its Bowl Streak

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I know it's looking ahead, but whatever happens this weekend vs Virginia, the Thursday Night match-up between GT and Virginia Tech is shaping up like it cost one of us our consecutive season bowl streak.

The Hokies are now 3-5 after losing to Duke this past weekend, with BC on the road next Saturday. Then comes their Thursday night game against us. Followed by games against UNC at home and their annual grudge match against Virginia on the road. They need to go 3-1 to get to a bowl.

we are also 3-5 with of course UVa up next on the road followed by VT, then Miami on the road and Georgia. We also need to go 3-1 to make it.

I think one of us can make it to 3-1, but not both. Our game in Atlanta might shatter someone's bowl dreams....

I know it's looking ahead, but whatever happens this weekend vs Virginia, the Thursday Night match-up between GT and Virginia Tech is shaping up like it cost one of us our consecutive season bowl streak.

The Hokies are now 3-5 after losing to Duke this past weekend, with BC on the road next Saturday. Then comes their Thursday night game against us. Followed by games against UNC at home and their annual grudge match against Virginia on the road. They need to go 3-1 to get to a bowl.

we are also 3-5 with of course UVa up next on the road followed by VT, then Miami on the road and Georgia. We also need to go 3-1 to make it.

I think one of us can make it to 3-1, but not both. Our game in Atlanta might shatter someone's bowl dreams....
We are 0-3 on the road.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Well I will be in Atlanta for the VT game. My 4 seats will do what it can to help. I hope it is as loud Thursday as it was this past Saturday. We will need to play better and better every week as it is do or die time for a lot of teams. I just am hopeful we can pull it out. Maybe we turned that corner Saturday and we keep on building.

gtg147g

Georgia Tech Fan
upload_2015-10-27_14-54-35.png

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
ESPN sometimes lists FSU as not having that many because one of the wins FSU vacated was their 2006 Emerald Bowl Win. But technically they vacated the WIN, not the appearance in the bowl game. Unless you consider the fact that their vacated wins would have made them ineligible for a bowl game, they're still around there.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
They beat Furman, Purdue, and Syracuse. They lost to the candy 'Canes. If we beat the Zimas on Saturday, I think we got this, but let's also see how they do in beantown.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
"And Furman just lost to the Citadel. Not exactly a tough team this year."

Actually -- Furman losing to The Citadel isn't a mark of a poor team this season.

Furman lost to a Citadel squad which is 5-2 (lost to GA Southern, and #19 FCS Charleston Southern), and The Citadel is operating the "Tech" option-based spread offense very efficiently this year -- 2nd in FCS in rushing yardage per game, behind only Cal Poly, which also runs the option-based spread. :)

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If you want to be technical, I'm fairly certain FSU had to vacate those wins and are not officially the leaders.

If they played the game it counts in my book. They've been really good for a very long time. Hats off to 'em.

That list just goes to show how difficult our schedule is year in and year out...