Tech vs Louisville

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I hope Pastner releases details on why Ush and Devoe didn't start because it's going to be straight speculation until the air is cleared here. And the speculation isn't going to be good.

Curfew is what folks are saying. Wouldn't have mattered, I guess. Bad team, bad season, stick a fork in it.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
It was all about energy (or lack thereof) this evening. I’m excited about Kelly. He’s smooth. Coleman needs to be more aggressive. Hopefully he will be by being in a bigger role next year. Disappointed by the result tonight because it didn’t have to be that way. No one to blame but ourselves.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
How did they go the entire first half with 0 free throws, 0 offensive rebounds, and 1 forced turnover? That seems impossible even if you are giving no effort at all.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Kelly is the best hope for this team. Send him to the Varsity and put some weight on him. Very sad to see our seniors go, but this team needs realignment. Attack the portal with a vengeance Pastner. That was one weird game.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
How did they go the entire first half with 0 free throws, 0 offensive rebounds, and 1 forced turnover? That seems impossible even if you are giving no effort at all.
That first half felt like the NC State game. We were a step behind on our defensive rotations, rebounding the ball, 50/50 balls, etc.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kelly is the best hope for this team. Send him to the Varsity and put some weight on him. Very sad to see our seniors go, but this team needs realignment. Attack the portal with a vengeance Pastner. That was one weird game.

I have zero desire to rehash this game, gonna let this one fade into the night.

I was really excited by Kelly's tape coming out of HS. Seemed like he "tried sh!t" (for the USMNT soccer fans, that's a reference to Clint Dempsey) to create shots...he worked on being more than just a long range bomber, which he's good at.

Anyone know what happened to Deivon Smith the last part of the season? Seemed like he had a few good games then just disappeared.

There's a LOT of young talent on this team. For the first time since Pastner has been here, our post has become a huge question mark. Howard shows glimpses of being really good, but he also shows glimpses of being a liability. It's obvious we're two separate teams depending when he's playing well...or not playing well.

Smith, Coleman, Kelly, and even Maxwell all have the potential to be a 15+ ppg player for us. Howard has that potential as well. I'm really excited about what Jalon Moore can become with his athleticism and explosiveness...he has the potential to be a really good defender. We'll miss Usher and Devoe, but it's time for us to turn the page and let the young guys get minutes to grow. We played well with the young guys to start the game.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I have zero desire to rehash this game, gonna let this one fade into the night.

I was really excited by Kelly's tape coming out of HS. Seemed like he "tried sh!t" (for the USMNT soccer fans, that's a reference to Clint Dempsey) to create shots...he worked on being more than just a long range bomber, which he's good at.

Anyone know what happened to Deivon Smith the last part of the season? Seemed like he had a few good games then just disappeared.

There's a LOT of young talent on this team. For the first time since Pastner has been here, our post has become a huge question mark. Howard shows glimpses of being really good, but he also shows glimpses of being a liability. It's obvious we're two separate teams depending when he's playing well...or not playing well.

Smith, Coleman, Kelly, Smith, and even Maxwell all have the potential to be a 15+ ppg player for us. Howard has that potential as well. I'm really excited about what Moore can become with his athleticism and explosiveness...he has the potential to be a really good defender. We'll miss Usher and Devoe, but it's time for us to turn the page and let the young guys get minutes to grow. We played well with the young guys to start the game.

NM...found the answer. That sucks, he was starting become an impact player for us.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Good riddance to this season. Too many bad breaks, bad runs, bad offense for this roster, and a bad time to have a “senior” moment. Love Usher. Like DeVoe. But as Seniors there should be no distractions for a team that is very shaky. I’m sure there is a reason, but there’s no excuse for Seniors to put this team in the position from the jump - they’re our leaders. Thankful for our Seniors body of work, but that last game puts a tough taste. Wish they would have won, but clearly time to focus on an entirely new team persona. GET BUSY COACH AND FIND THE MISSING TALENT - now, the Coach’s real season starts. Let’s recruit.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I would love to see Jordan get into coaching once his pro career is over. At some point he will be a must have on a staff here at Tech. A kid with that type of attitude and respect for the school will do an amazing job recruiting and selling this program to a HS kid. Gonna miss him. Mike too. As long as I’ve been a GT, I’m 44, so a long time, this is the closest I have ever felt to a team the last few years. Not sure if it’s the new era in social media that lets everyone “inside” but this group through all the ups and downs has been a pleasure to watch and listen too.