Tech - uga in 2025 at MB Stadium

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Great. Can't wait to have my seats moved from the 50 to the 15 like for Notre Dame and be stuck with even more mouth breathers. :mad:

• Georgia will be our opponent for our annual game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
We know that some of you may be apprehensive that Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate will be played off-campus for the first time since Bobby Dodd Stadium opened in 1913. Please know that we understand that concern and know that this was not a decision that was made lightly.

As I noted earlier, embarking on the new era of college athletics requires exploring new revenue sources, as that is paramount to our goal of competing for championships at the highest level. In partnering with AMB Sports and Entertainment (AMBSE) to move Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate to Mercedes-Benz Stadium for 2025, we agreed to changes in the contract that calls for us to play one game annually at Mercedes-Benz Stadium through 2026. As part of the new agreement, AMBSE will provide us with a $10 million guarantee just to play the 2025 Georgia Tech-Georgia game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, a transformative revenue lift for Tech Athletics. In addition to the $10 million guarantee, the reworked agreement with AMBSE will provide Tech season ticket members with seating priority opportunities that they haven’t had for our previous games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

In short, while tickets for Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate will not be a part of our 2025 football season tickets packages, seats for Georgia Tech season ticket members who purchase tickets for the GT-UGA game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be assigned after MBS suite and club seat holders only. This is a significant move up in seating priority for Tech season ticket members over our previous games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium and will result in significantly more highly sought-after seats being available to Yellow Jackets fans first.

Playing Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be limited to 2025, while construction of the Fanning Center continues in and around Bobby Dodd Stadium and before the stadium renovation funded by Full Steam Ahead begins. The Georgia Tech-Georgia game will return to a renovated Bobby Dodd Stadium in 2027.

While the invaluable revenue lift and improved seating priority for Tech fans are the primary reasons why the decision was made to play Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in 2025, it will also move the Georgia Tech-Georgia rivalry onto one of the world’s biggest stages for the first time. Mercedes-Benz Stadium is one of the premier stadiums in the world – the home of Super Bowls, College Football Playoff Championship Games, the World Cup – and offers fan amenities not available at any other venue. Be on the lookout for additional details shortly.

Thank you, as always, for your support of Georgia Tech Athletics. We’ll see you on Wednesday night at O’Keefe Gym and Saturday at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Go Jackets!

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow

Great. Can't wait to have my seats moved from the 50 to the 15 like for Notre Dame and be stuck with even more mouth breathers. :mad:
Horrific decision. It's just beyond terrible. I've liked most of what J Batt has done for Tech athletics, but this is just flat-out dumb.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Hate that. I'm not normally one to complain about the games at MB, but not against the mutts. This better be an absolutely massive payday for Tech because that stadium will be 75k full and a minimum 2/3rds inbred.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

We know that some of you may be apprehensive that Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate will be played off-campus for the first time since Bobby Dodd Stadium opened in 1913. Please know that we understand that concern and know that this was not a decision that was made lightly.

As I noted earlier, embarking on the new era of college athletics requires exploring new revenue sources, as that is paramount to our goal of competing for championships at the highest level. In partnering with AMB Sports and Entertainment (AMBSE) to move Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate to Mercedes-Benz Stadium for 2025, we agreed to changes in the contract that calls for us to play one game annually at Mercedes-Benz Stadium through 2026. As part of the new agreement, AMBSE will provide us with a $10 million guarantee just to play the 2025 Georgia Tech-Georgia game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, a transformative revenue lift for Tech Athletics. In addition to the $10 million guarantee, the reworked agreement with AMBSE will provide Tech season ticket members with seating priority opportunities that they haven’t had for our previous games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

In short, while tickets for Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate will not be a part of our 2025 football season tickets packages, seats for Georgia Tech season ticket members who purchase tickets for the GT-UGA game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be assigned after MBS suite and club seat holders only. This is a significant move up in seating priority for Tech season ticket members over our previous games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium and will result in significantly more highly sought-after seats being available to Yellow Jackets fans first.

Playing Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be limited to 2025, while construction of the Fanning Center continues in and around Bobby Dodd Stadium and before the stadium renovation funded by Full Steam Ahead begins. The Georgia Tech-Georgia game will return to a renovated Bobby Dodd Stadium in 2027.

While the invaluable revenue lift and improved seating priority for Tech fans are the primary reasons why the decision was made to play Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in 2025, it will also move the Georgia Tech-Georgia rivalry onto one of the world’s biggest stages for the first time. Mercedes-Benz Stadium is one of the premier stadiums in the world – the home of Super Bowls, College Football Playoff Championship Games, the World Cup – and offers fan amenities not available at any other venue. Be on the lookout for additional details shortly.

Thank you, as always, for your support of Georgia Tech Athletics. We’ll see you on Wednesday night at O’Keefe Gym and Saturday at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Go Jackets!

Seems like a $10 million capitalization of a period we needed for construction anyhow. Two birds, one $10 million stone.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just came over to post...

It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$

I heard that the dollars from this weekend's game against ND will net the GTAA "substantially" more bottom line dollars than if the game was held at BDS@HGF (... okay now @HF).

TheWhiteKenyan

Jolly Good Fellow
Am I reading this correctly… this game won’t be included in our season tickets??!

In short, while tickets for Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate will not be a part of our 2025 football season tickets packages, seats for Georgia Tech season ticket members who purchase tickets for the GT-UGA game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be assigned after MBS suite and club seat holders only.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Am I reading this correctly… this game won’t be included in our season tickets??!

In short, while tickets for Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate will not be a part of our 2025 football season tickets packages, seats for Georgia Tech season ticket members who purchase tickets for the GT-UGA game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be assigned after MBS suite and club seat holders only.
WTF!!!! This is some BS. All of it

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

Seems like a $10 million capitalization of a period we needed for construction anyhow. Two birds, one $10 million stone.
Have not checked my email yet... did... nothing...

Last edited:

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow

I understand that money is important (particularly given the financial situation our department is in), but this is the first time our home game in the series won't be played at BDS since 1913 (when it opened). Is 10 million dollars worth scrapping 100+ years of history and giving u(sic)ga a free home game? I say absolutely not. I would've never agreed to this unless the dwags agreed to give one up too.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
More info:
2025 Football Season Tickets

Later today, we will announce that 2025 Georgia Tech football season tickets will go on sale this week. Highlights of that announcement will include:

• Season ticket prices will remain unchanged from 2024;
  • The six-game schedule at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field will include the return of ACC rivals Clemson (for the first time in five years) and Virginia Tech (for the first time in four years);

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

“In short, while tickets for Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate will not be a part of our 2025 football season tickets packages, seats for Georgia Tech season ticket members who purchase tickets for the GT-UGA game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will be assigned after MBS suite and club seat holders only.”
Horrific decision. It's just beyond terrible. I've liked most of what J Batt has done for Tech athletics, but this is just flat-out dumb.

Yeah, I get the money and construction. But think about this:

1. A history of giving season ticket holders worse seats at MBS than at Bobby Dodd.
2. At least 20,000+ more Uga fans at our home game.
3. Not a part of the season ticket package, meaning tickets will be sold separately at probably $250 each?
4. Given Nos. 1, 2 and 3, there will likely be a lot of Tech fans/season ticket holders who don't buy tickets making it even more of a Uga home game.

I think J. Batt really needs to listen to some of the more normal fans and season ticket holders. I get the $$$s, but geez, why p!$$ off so many of your fans, even for the money. I hate when this game is at Tech. I haven't been to Athens since 1998. We won and I said I won't go back. Would have to think long and hard about it given I'm sitting on the 10-15 on Saturday versus the 50 at Bobby Dodd.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If we're going to play the game there every year them I'm OK with it. But if we're still planning to drive up to their putrid town to play every other year then this is just stupid.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I understand that money is important (particularly given the financial situation our department is in), but this is the first time our home game in the series won't be played at BDS since 1913 (when it opened). Is 10 million dollars worth scrapping 100+ years of history and giving u(sic)ga a free home game? I say absolutely not. I would've never agreed to this unless the dwags agreed to give one up too.

I don't know the construction timeline, but what Batt put in that email suggest that BDS would have been severely limited due to construction around the stadium. The game being at MBS gives GT construction time, all the while receiving a $10 million dollar paycheck.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I don't know the construction timeline, but what Batt put in that email suggest that BDS would have been severely limited due to construction around the stadium. The game being at MBS gives GT construction time, all the while receiving a $10 million dollar paycheck.

We're playing all other home games at Bobby Dodd next year. This is a money grab, pure and simple, which I get, but don't have to like it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I get the money and construction. But think about this:

1. A history of giving season ticket holders worse seats at MBS than at Bobby Dodd.
2. At least 20,000+ more Uga fans at our home game.
3. Not a part of the season ticket package, meaning tickets will be sold separately at probably $250 each?
4. Given Nos. 1, 2 and 3, there will likely be a lot of Tech fans/season ticket holders who don't buy tickets making it even more of a Uga home game.

I think J. Batt really needs to listen to some of the more normal fans and season ticket holders. I get the $$$s, but geez, why p!$$ off so many of your fans, even for the money. I hate when this game is at Tech. I haven't been to Athens since 1998. We won and I said I won't go back. Would have to think long and hard about it given I'm sitting on the 10-15 on Saturday versus the 50 at Bobby Dodd.

I really do think GT fans get the shaft when it comes to seating at MBS. Batt and GT really need to work on getting GT fans priority seating with better seat location if they're going to continue games at MBS. I know it's only one game a season, but it has the potential to alienate season ticket holders who have put their time in the seating pecking order.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We're playing all other home games at Bobby Dodd next year. This is a money grab, pure and simple, which I get, but don't have to like it.

I get it. I think if more fans show up to games and buy tickets, we don't take these type of games as often. Right now, it's about getting GT on strong financial footing. It's a tough place to be as a GT fan that has season tickets, but looking at it through gold tinted glasses, it's one of those sacrifices we make now to hopefully reap the benefits 5-10 years down the road.

I also think the program is headed in the right direction, and King most likely will be back next year. This has the potential to be a MONSTER national level game on prime time in an NFL venue next year.

Just looking at the bright side...