Tech Season Previews 2021-22

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I said near the end of the regular season last year that KS was playing very similarly to young Jose. That he was being used in the same role and performing well.

Have been excited all summer and fall to see what he does this season. Mike also has said he wants to play more PG so it’ll be interesting to see if that happens or he just brings the ball up a lot as the 2.

Going to be a lot of fun watching these guys defend the ACC Belt

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree about Kyle Sturdivant. I think he plays a lot like Jarrett Jack.

I don't see the point (no pun) of having Devoe bring the ball up. He likes to just walk the ball up and he should save his energy to get open since he will be our #1 scoring option and also playing better defense.

We have the primary ball-handling covered with Kyle, Deivon and Bubba.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Who is going to score agaist a zone that flexs out on devoe?
Can usher shoot better 3 pt % ?

Going to be fun to watch our defense.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
thanks for the write-up, very helpful to me. Be interesting to see how much small ball vs having the big guyz in there we play. i think it is possible we play small ball with Moore a lot and more than some think and then have the guards crash the boards. We shall see.

slugboy

Staff member
CBS has us 9th in the ACC. Their argument is that we only return two players averaging over 7 points per game. They aren’t putting a lot of faith into our young players.

I don’t know that we need a dominant 5, but we could use a 3-4-5 combo to clean the glass. We’ve gotten by with poor rebounding, and our defense will be empty calories burned if we don’t get the ball back.