TECH HOLDING AUDITIONS FOR NEW PA ANNOUNCER.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer

This sadly likely means that our current voice, Kevin Payne is stepping down or being replaced. He's part of the gameday experience and the IT'S FIRST AND TEN GEORGIA TECH *whistle* and IIIIIIT'S THIRRRRRRD DOOOWN won't be the same without him.

Last edited:

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
18B7EE3F-5BA5-491D-9717-7C66BB395DDF.png

Good news! After DMing Kevin on instagram he says he’s not going anywhere!

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Since you know the guy, can you see if they can turn the PA system down a notch for upcoming games? Its ear piercingly shrill in the North stands.
First, might as well clarify i don’t know him personally but he followed my instagram account where I cover GT sports. Naturally I followed back.

Second yes it’s a tad bit loud
I’ll ask lol.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
A tad? When the a**hole started playing the theme from Jeopardy during a review, my 70+ wife stood up and said, “I’m going back to the F’ing car before my F’ing head explodes”. Or, at least that’s what we thought she said, the music was so loud nobody could really tell for sure.

Last edited:

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
A tad? When the a**hole started playing the theme from Jeopardy during a review, my 70+ wife stood up and said, “I’m going back to the F’ing car before my F’ing head explodes”. Or, at least that’s what we thought she said, the music was so loud nobody could really tell for sure.
I sit in lower east so it's not really a problem for me.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
As far as candidates, my mind immediately goes to the 99X Morning X episode from about 25 years ago where Bob the Queen auditions to be the voice of the Atlanta Thrashers. Probably won't happen, but I would love to hear Bob rattling off the names of our roster (or trying to). :LOL:

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
As far as candidates, my mind immediately goes to the 99X Morning X episode from about 25 years ago where Bob the Queen auditions to be the voice of the Atlanta Thrashers. Probably won't happen, but I would love to hear Bob rattling off the names of our roster (or trying to). :LOL:
To match how inept we are as a football team, we should hire someone with a stutter or a lisp, or maybe both.