Tech gear finally gets noticed!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was walking on Jacksonville beach in my GT shirt and hat yesterday enjoying a day in the sun, still basking in the glow of our victory when time after time I was approached and congratulated by random strangers on our big win.

Seems the hate for FSU runs deep in Florida fans and most of them in my town were glued to game rootin' for the Jackets.

Also got to see one helluva air show featuring the Blue Angels, but that was secondary for me on this day!

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Georgia Tech vs FSU gave ESPN the highest nighttime ratings for any game this year. Go Jackets!

Can we assume much of that viewership was based on the storyline of a rematch of the ACCCG? Because there were no better games on? Because the game never got out of hand and was close throughout? All of the above?

It appears much of the country still likes us despite our troubles this season. So happy for our guys to get a desperately needed shot in the arm.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Was walking in the Home Depot in Spring Tx, and had my GT jacket and fiancee (also wearing her GT Gear) and got stopped by a dude with a UT windbreaker on, "Nice jacket my man, if I were you guys I would be wearing that EVERYWHERE including church! Great win" I just smiled, thanked him, and continued shopping.

Made me think about how two teams with some storied pasts have been struggling this year. I think Coach Strong is a stud, but I still would rather be in our position!

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Can we assume much of that viewership was based on the storyline of a rematch of the ACCCG? Because there were no better games on? Because the game never got out of hand and was close throughout? All of the above?

It appears much of the country still likes us despite our troubles this season. So happy for our guys to get a desperately needed shot in the arm.
It was a mix of factors that worked in our favor in my opinion. Overall this weekend was a relatively weak slate of games. There was only 1 ranked vs ranked matchup which ended in a blowout. Pretty much none of the other games in our time slot were close. GT seems to be a somewhat popular underdog program that people will cheer for as a secondary team. Last but not least, a lot of people probably tuned in to see if FSU would lose since they have a lot of antifans

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Every single one of my teachers this morning has said something to me. All my UGA buddies appreciate it because apparently they hate the Noles.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
FSU is like the Yankees or Notre Dame or Miami. You either love em or loath them. Even the dawg fans in our church were congratulating us. They despise FSU for some reason.