Tech favored over Duke

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This is good. It is something for me to keep in mind as well. While we hoped the Pitt game would be different, after watching the replay I think Pitt is easily 2 TDs better than us. Especially on the LOS. Plus, we gifted them 2 TDs.

So, win in Durham and we will be 3-3. Anyone who forecast us with a better record has a superior flavor of Kool-Aid than I can find. But, our inconsistency makes that prediction very scary.
We gifted them 1 td. The other one we gifted them possession and field position. Our D does not get a pass for letting them score.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Good point. I don't think the D deserves a pass, but handing them the ball at midfield was certainly a factor. Pitt did not need much help.

Honeslty midfield was one play difference between normal had we punted with how things were going. Pitt was chunking 20 yard throws when on their side of the field.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
before you bet on this game here are the scores the last 3 times we played at Duke

Duke 41 GT 23
Duke 43 GT 20
Duke 34 GT 20

I don't think Cut likes us he always has his team ready for us.
Traditionally it’s a difficult place to get the team up to play as well. Noon kickoffs at an empty stadium have been tough for all GT teams.

I’ll be there but no way I’d bet this game. That’s crazy town stuff.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
before you bet on this game here are the scores the last 3 times we played at Duke

Duke 41 GT 23
Duke 43 GT 20
Duke 34 GT 20

I don't think Cut likes us he always has his team ready for us.
It was GT 56-33 Duke last year.

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
For some reason It's hard to win at Duke not as bad as it is to UVa but hard to get up to play at Duke . Great place to go to a game for you can sit any where
Isn't that the venue where the visitors dressing room is a pretty good way outside the stadium?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We gifted them 1 td. The other one we gifted them possession and field position. Our D does not get a pass for letting them score.
They could have scored at the end of the game as time expired. No reason to rub it in to run up the score but they sure could have. Weren't they inside the one and let time expire.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
After watching them against UNC, I take this back. They have a great running back in Durrant. A t 6-1 195lbs he is not a power back but has a way of wiggling through and breaking tackles. He has more gears than a 16 wheeler. The quarterback is good but not great. On the other hand, it is hard to judge him because Carolina consistently got pressure on him. Duke started out the game great with two sacks and moved the ball some with Durrant running but Carolina big plays were too much. Chandler got a 75 yard pass reception on a wheel route and that was followed immediately by a scoop and score. Howell got off a long run to cap a drive and before you could say "fire Cutliffe" they were up 21-0. The Duke quarterback, Holcombe (?) was sacked at least four times in the first half. Duke was also able to get pressure on Howell and really racked him a few times. Duke lost to Charlotte and UNC but had a three game win streak coming into the Carolina game. They throw a lot of quick wide receiver screens it seems like. Calhoun is a speedster who scored on a long pass play and they throw a good bit to the backs and tight ends. The team that can hang onto the ball, recover from the previous week's debacle, and get pressure on the quarterback will win. Two teams with their backs to the wall which one will blink first?
Duke plays hard and probably has a better coaching staff than us, talent differential alone won’t win this for the good guys

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It's been years since I went there but years ago at halftime the player went to a field for halftime but that was years ago,
I had seen visiting teams huddle behind the endzone in the past during halftime since the dressing room was so far away. Duke has since added an indoor practice facility back there. I don't think they have to do that anymore. I go to an occasional game there with a Dookie that has season tix. I usually go with him to a Duke/GT basketball game when we play there as well. Can't make the FB game this year as son is flying back to London on Saturday.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
After the inexplicable performances, good and bad, we’ve witnessed this year, how in the world does anyone pretend to have an inkling of what to expect from this team?
I have no inkling, but I expect us to win every game we play. That's the fan in me. Realistically, I understand we're not there yet. But, I go into every game expecting us to win and perform well. I've been disappointed a couple of times this year and pleasantly surprised a couple of times.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Duke plays hard and probably has a better coaching staff than us, talent differential alone won’t win this for the good guys
Yes, that is why after watching them against UNC and Northwestern, I changed my mind about this being a cakewalk. It will not be but I still think we can win. The UNC game started out good for Duke and then came the 75 yard catch and run on a wheel route followed immediately thereafter by the scoop and score. It just got away from them. Like us, and a lot of teams, Duke cannot afford to give away cheap touchdowns, as they don't have the firepower to come back from being multiple scores down. In other words, like us, they have to play almost perfect to win. IIWII