Tech @ Duke

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Duke pitcher has been having a rough game (not quite as bad as Pitts yesterday). Walked in a run and then gave up a sac fly. So, 2 runs in. Now, 2 outs w/2nd and 3rd, full count ...

fouled away
(3o pitches top of 4th alone)

strike out

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Wow. GREAT JOB JACKETS! This team is impressive with Brandon Gold. Without him, we would be far less threatening. With him, I really am expecting to host a Regional and challenge for the Coastal title.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Now we play at Kennesaw St on Tuesday, then a weekend home series against UNCheat that won't be easy.

To finish out the month we play at home Tuesday in our second game against Auburn, then go on the road to play a tough Louisville and Georgia team.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Are the umps that biased? (tic)

Anyway, just reviewed the game on GameTracker. Gold is amazing. 106 pitches with 67 strikes - lower % for him 63%. But with 9 SO to only 2 walks, that was fabulous. The opposite of Saturday (10 walks and 1 SO.) Clear he was pulled on pitch count - with another shutout.

I like the idea of the suicide squeeze attempt in the 6th, would have been better if it worked. But Hall is trying to make things happen and expand the lead. How did it look on TV?

Nice to see no errors by GT. Looks like our best game of the weekend. (I was driving back from SC. The only take away from the drive is that South Carolina drivers are the least competent I have seen in any state for high way driving. Three accidents on I-95. When my wife read me the game summary, it's good thing I was driving!)

We should be in the top 25 in more polls tomorrow - we were #25 in one poll last week. Our RPI is 6th?? Insane. More later. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2015/rpi http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2015/schedule/Georgia-Tech

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
From the parts of the game I saw, we looked very good. We were held to 4 runs a game this weekend, and Duke has good pitching and a very pitching friendly stadium, so that is not a shocker, and that is why Danny tried some small ball. But our pitching on Friday and Sunday has just been outstanding, and that is why we are winning. 3 walks, Friday and 2 on Sunday. Versus 10 walks and 3 WP's on Saturday. Honestly, that was the difference as we gave up 11 hits on both Friday and Saturday (although Gold was just superb and we yielded only 3 hits Sunday).

I'm tellin' ya, if we take 2 of 3 at home versus UNC this coming weekend, watch out for GT!! I just wish our Saturday pitchers would learn to throw strikes. It HAS to be driving Hall nuts. Unfortunately, I don't see another option to plug in on Saturday, as Paar (0.338 opponents' batting average) and Schneiderjends (0.358) OBA look very hittable right now to me. Depth in pitching is definitely an issue, and a big one. If we lose one arm out of our starting rotation, we are toast.