Teams that were overrated / underrated

Jmonty71

Banned
As we all know, the preseason polls are totally crap. What teams do you think were overrated or underrated? It's week 3 and teams have shown a good bit, by now. List 3 teams, for each.

Overrated: USC, LSU and UCLA

Underrated: Memphis, VT and Miss State

Go.... It would be interesting to see others thoughts on this.

I would list Ugag as overrated, which they usually are, but they haven't shown that. Yet.... But, they will.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Still a little early to call USC overrated when they are undefeated. While trying to add entirely new teams:

Overrated: Auburn, UL, Texas A and M

Underrated: Vandy, Wake, Colorado State

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
The usual suspects. Most teams have not played anyone.
One question? How in the heck does UF keep having anemic offenses? They sit in a hot bed of talent and I despise watching them play. For everyone that is a fan of pro style offenses, this is a case in point.

Clemson may be the real deal.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
One question? How in the heck does UF keep having anemic offenses? They sit in a hot bed of talent and I despise watching them play. For everyone that is a fan of pro style offenses, this is a case in point.

Let me fix that for you. :)

Clemson IS the real deal. With that said, they could have injuries or just not show up for a game, but they ARE the real deal.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Let me fix that for you. :)

Clemson IS the real deal. With that said, they could have injuries or just not show up for a game, but they ARE the real deal.
Goldandwhite is right about the usual suspects. Every year. Right now as early as it is Alabama and Clemson are 1 and 2 and everybody else can PR blitz for 3 & 4. But it being what it is, Ohio State and Oklahoma will be there again. Because, well, because somebody needs to be playdough for the first round in the NC. But yes, Clemson is for real. They are two-deep across the board -- to lose your starting Dback that early for targeting and not miss a beat says something about Swinney's recruiting and Venables' coaching -- and with apologies to whoever said it first, they are mobile and hostile. Jackson had his eyes everywhere but up front. (Plus: that guy charged with minding Venables on the sideline must be exhausted by game's end.)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

McElwain's coaching and struggles with recruiting are a reason for Florida's offensive struggles. The numbers his teams put up at Colorado State were Fool's Gold.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Goldandwhite is right about the usual suspects. Every year. Right now as early as it is Alabama and Clemson are 1 and 2 and everybody else can PR blitz for 3 & 4. But it being what it is, Ohio State and Oklahoma will be there again. Because, well, because somebody needs to be playdough for the first round in the NC. But yes, Clemson is for real. They are two-deep across the board -- to lose your starting Dback that early for targeting and not miss a beat says something about Swinney's recruiting and Venables' coaching -- and with apologies to whoever said it first, they are mobile and hostile. Jackson had his eyes everywhere but up front. (Plus: that guy charged with minding Venables on the sideline must be exhausted by game's end.)

Did you notice how much bigger Venables' minder is? A few times I thought he was going to tackle Brent :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Surprised Ok State not mentioned. (Not sure where rated preseason but assume in this discussionthey would be underrated?)

Jeez, that OU vs Ok State game could be hell on earth.

And UT vs OU might be interesting if UT D plats like they did yesterday. (Or perhaps USC is overrated.)

Miss St QB is going to give them some big wins I think. Hope they can keep the adrenaline up for ugag.

northgajacket

Banned
LSU put no effort what so ever in looking for a head coach. I think they ran into what Tennessee ran into when they forced Phil Fulmer to resign there were no top shelf coaches who wanted to follow him as head coach.

In other words, Tennessee and LSU thought that every coach in America would be willing to move heaven and earth for those jobs then they got slapped in the face by the large hand of reality.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
In other words, Tennessee and LSU thought that every coach in America would be willing to move heaven and earth for those jobs then they got slapped in the face by the large hand of reality.
Yeah pretty much!(y) It's said often up here that Tennessee is one of the best programs in the Nation and that they will be able to hire a top shelf guy like let's say Chip Kelly or Bobby Petrino when the AD decides to can Butch Jones. I however think CBJ will be head coach at Tennessee at the very least until 2020 or 2021 as long as Tennessee doesn't have a losing record. They're better off keeping Butch than effing it up and winding up with another Lane Kiffin or Derek Dooley.

northgajacket

Banned
Yeah pretty much!(y) It's said often up here that Tennessee is one of the best programs in the Nation and that they will be able to hire a top shelf guy like let's say Chip Kelly or Bobby Petrino when the AD decides to can Butch Jones. I however think CBJ will be head coach at Tennessee at the very least until 2020 or 2021 as long as Tennessee doesn't have a losing record. They're better off keeping Butch than effing it up and winding up with another Lane Kiffin or Derek Dooley.

Apparently they are not on of the best programs in the nation if Kiffin was willing to leave in the middle of the night after just one season.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Apparently they are not on of the best programs in the nation if Kiffin was willing to leave in the middle of the night after just one season.
Lame Kiffin was using UT as a stepping stone to go to a program he actually wanted to go to like USC. An article in the Knoxville News Sentinel a few months ago said if Butch is fired Tennessee should rehire Lane Kiffin and one of their reasons was he was more mature.:LOL: There was a rumor that when Lane was head coach that he rented an apartment in Knoxville so he could fool around with coeds.