Team returns to the practice field today

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
At least we don't need him to make game-saving tackles like the guy a few kickers back had to do every other week. Somebody help me out with his name...

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Scott Blair made some TD saving tackles
Yep - its all coming back to me now. I can still hear the announcer: "...he has one man to beat... and Blair pushes him out at the 49 yard line to save a touchdown." Seems like I heard that call every other game.

Of course, to be fair, Blair did throw a touchdown pass to BeBe against Clemson so not only did he save us a few touchdowns but he's one of the few kickers to throw for one.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Blair was for sure the fastest kicker we have ever had. Maybe the fastest that ever played the game. Had to run a 4.4. On more than one occasion I saw him run down the kick returner in the open field with no angle. IIRC, against FSU, he was standing still when the returner ran past him, and Blair caught the guy from behind 20 yds later. My wife and I called him the Cheetah.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just talked to Butker.

He's fine...will be back tomorrow.

Thanks, he may win us or lose us a game yet but I'd rather have Butker in for the 60 yard game winning attempt over anyone else..... 20-40 yards, maybe not. When we intercepted the ball on VT at the end of the game at about the 40, I was thinking that we were in FG range already.

What was the injury? Hopefully it doesn't affect his distance on KOs. Right now he's at 6th ... http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/national/team/offense/split01/category29/sort04.html in Touch Back %. I don't like the total yards stat as much because he intentionally did a shorter squib kick at the end of a game (Ga Southern?) that messes with his average yards.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
His FG prowess has more to do with whether he's in the center of the field or on the hash. He seems to be having trouble directing his kicks when he's on the hash (either side). This should be a simple fix, but apparently he's still struggling with it.