Team is getting SWOLE

Deleted member 2897

Riq is without a doubt our best NFL prospect in a decade. He has become a juggernaut. Im hearing 6'4 1/2, 240lbs, and ran a 4.53 40...... 👀👀👀 that is first 2 rounds stuff....

By comparison, Isaiah Simmons came into Clemson a 3-star prospect at 6'3" 205 lbs. Tariq Carpenter came into GT a 3-star prospect at 6'2" 188lbs. Simmons gained 33 lbs and 1.5 inches (he's 6'4", 238 lbs). Tariq has gained 2.5 inches and 52 lbs. Their sizes are now almost exactly the same.

Simmons ran a 4.39 in the 40 at the NFL combine. But Tariq has time to focus on that after the season. Anyway, Simmons was 1st round, 8th pick overall. So absolutely you're right on with your draft value.

Deleted member 2897

Tariq is a freak athlete. He’s one of the fastest guys on the team at 6’3 240lbs. He can hit and fly. Roof did a great job of finding a diamond in rough.

IIRC, for a long time he was a low 2-star. I think Miami was extremely high on his list, but I don't think they ever offered. They were star chasing instead of tape chasing and they missed out on a hell of a guy and a hell of an athlete.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
By comparison, Isaiah Simmons came into Clemson a 3-star prospect at 6'3" 205 lbs. Tariq Carpenter came into GT a 3-star prospect at 6'2" 188lbs. Simmons gained 33 lbs and 1.5 inches (he's 6'4", 238 lbs). Tariq has gained 2.5 inches and 52 lbs. Their sizes are now almost exactly the same.

Simmons ran a 4.39 in the 40 at the NFL combine. But Tariq has time to focus on that after the season. Anyway, Simmons was 1st round, 8th pick overall. So absolutely you're right on with your draft value.
Am I missing information here? Where are you getting Tariq's height and weight data? Was he asked it in the interview the other day? ramblinwreck.com which was just updated has him 6'2" 226lb. That's a 0" gained and only 38lbs. The weight gain is impressive but I think your numbers are a bit bloated.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Am I missing information here? Where are you getting Tariq's height and weight data? Was he asked it in the interview the other day? ramblinwreck.com which was just updated has him 6'2" 226lb. That's a 0" gained and only 38lbs. The weight gain is impressive but I think your numbers are a bit bloated.
He said in his post practice interview he was at 240. I dunno where 6’4 comes from though.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I don't miss him as a coordinator. As a Tech guy and recruiter, sure. But his scheming was awful two different stints.
Be honest was Woodys scheme noticeably different? Paul liked the bend but don’t break, he was all about Clock Managemnet and limiting possession. Ted did good at Auburn. Biggest thing that hurt Ted here was 3rd down Pass Rush.

bos

Helluva Engineer

Anyone who has seen Tariq in person will tell you he's about 6'4". Juanyeh is listed at 6'3" and Tariq is taller than him. As far as being 240lbs, that's what Tariq said he weighs in an interview 3 days ago.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I'm a Tech fan but Carpenter is no where near the talent of Simmons. I hope he has a breakout season but he would have to progress to a whole different level to be in the same league as Isaiah Simmons.

Go Jackets!
You mean he’s NOT as good as the consensus number 2-3 prospect in last years draft? Sheesh, tough crowd.

I’m only kidding, but if he can show the ability to cover elite tight ends, patrol the middle of the field, and be a crushing presence in the box, he doesn’t have to be a top 10 pick to be an effective piece that draws slight comparison to Isiah Simmons.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
Sometimes hype dictates perception.
Just on measureables alone he compares to Simmons. The staff doesn’t use him in the way Clemson did Simmons but as an athlete yes it’s a fair comparison.

6’3 240lb free safety that runs sub 4.5. Absolutely he does.

If GT was a top 10 team then the world of CFB would be talking about Tariq & Juanyeh.