Team focused in South Beach

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
.... well, at least Laskey is. Gonna miss that guy.

"It's a huge deal; we're approaching this like it's the Super Bowl for us," Laskey said. "We haven't had the best bowl record in the past. We're 1-2 since I've been here. We get to play on a big stage, and get a chance to show that we can beat a good team."

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122814aab.html

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
.... well, at least Laskey is. Gonna miss that guy.

"It's a huge deal; we're approaching this like it's the Super Bowl for us," Laskey said. "We haven't had the best bowl record in the past. We're 1-2 since I've been here. We get to play on a big stage, and get a chance to show that we can beat a good team."

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122814aab.html

Did he say this before or after the video of him riding a jet ski? I'm all for these kids having fun and enjoying the experience, but who in the blue blazes ok'd them going out on jet skis?

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Did he say this before or after the video of him riding a jet ski? I'm all for these kids having fun and enjoying the experience, but who in the blue blazes ok'd them going out on jet skis?
I really think you are over-reacting to this. These kids should enjoy themselves and riding on a jet ski is not going to take away from game preparation. I know several college athletes and you would be surprised at the kind of lifestyles they lead and with no impact whatsoever on their game. Remember they are young and in peak physical condition - they can handle it.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Also the jet ski pic (from ramblinwreck.com, btw) was from a team beach outing, and there were other players on jet skis behind him. I'm guessing Paul himself ok'd them going out.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I really think you are over-reacting to this. These kids should enjoy themselves and riding on a jet ski is not going to take away from game preparation. I know several college athletes and you would be surprised at the kind of lifestyles they lead and with no impact whatsoever on their game. Remember they are young and in peak physical condition - they can handle it.
I think you're missing my point. I want them to have fun. I know they're getting properly prepared. I also hope they racked it up at that gift suite.

I don't think it's a good idea to have them riding around on jet skis right before the game, the same way I wouldn't want them riding around on motorcycles ahead of Wednesday. It's a safety thing, not a distraction thing. Trust me, I'm well aware of how wild these kids can get on a fun night out and I don't begrudge them one second of those fun nights out.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anyone recall someone getting lost on a snowmobile in Boise one year? Maybe PJ Daniels?
Case in point. Could've been devoured by wolves.

(did this really happen, because that would be amazing, while proving my point about avoiding marginal danger?)

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Fyi, they take you through a safety tutorial before riding. The jet ski riding/beach party behind the Diplomat has been done every year of the OB without a major incident. So don't worry. I'd be more concerned about guys getting caught up in the Miami night life and hanging in King of Diamonds or Liv

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Case in point. Could've been devoured by wolves.

(did this really happen, because that would be amazing, while proving my point about avoiding marginal danger?)

Or, perhaps it was an encounter with rabid wolves while lost on a snowmobile that enabled an effortless 307 rushing yard performance in the Humanitarian Bowl.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Fyi, they take you through a safety tutorial before riding. The jet ski riding/beach party behind the Diplomat has been done every year of the OB without a major incident. So don't worry. I'd be more concerned about guys getting caught up in the Miami night life and hanging in King of Diamonds or Liv

That's what curfews & offseason visits to Atlanta's many fine establishments are for.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
They showed uGA and/or Louisville took NASCAR race car rides in Charlotte. @dtm1997 , how would you feel about a couple of 200 mph laps? :D:eek::D They commented on the big linemen climbing through the window was a show in itself.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They showed uGA and/or Louisville took NASCAR race car rides in Charlotte. @dtm1997 , how would you feel about a couple of 200 mph laps? :D:eek::D They commented on the big linemen climbing through the window was a show in itself.
Oh man. I'd be livid. That's worse than motorcycles.