TE Tyler Davis film

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
This randomly popped up in my Youtube feed. Just thought I’d share with everyone.

Immediate (armchair) observations: dude has soft hands and is not afraid to go up and get the ball. He doesn’t seem to have world class speed, but he does the basics well enough to get the job done. I hope he can stay healthy because I think he can do enough to help open our offense up.

6 DAYS, GENTLEMAN.

THWg! KILL THE TIGGER!

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
This randomly popped up in my Youtube feed. Just thought I’d share with everyone.

Immediate (armchair) observations: dude has soft hands and is not afraid to go up and get the ball. He doesn’t seem to have world class speed, but he does the basics well enough to get the job done. I hope he can stay healthy because I think he can do enough to help open our offense up.

6 DAYS, GENTLEMAN.

THWg! KILL THE TIGGER!

That's a big, athletic dude. He's an ex-QB, so I expect to see something like that trick play where he gets to sling it.

Deleted member 2897

He doesn't need to have blazing speed. He's big enough too block like an offensive lineman, but they can hopefully find some size mismatches like they did in his film. I think Lucas has been working a lot on recognizing who the hot reads are based on the defensive alignment pre-snap.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
He doesn't need to have blazing speed. He's big enough too block like an offensive lineman, but they can hopefully find some size mismatches like they did in his film. I think Lucas has been working a lot on recognizing who the hot reads are based on the defensive alignment pre-snap.

Indeed, and for a guy weighing in at 250 pounds, he has excellent speed.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Most important player on O I believe. Will impact the run game and pass game. Can’t get hurt with no depth or experience behind him

Cam

Helluva Engineer
The coaches are supposedly super high on him. He'll transform the offense on his own and will make the QB's lives a lot simpler. He may be the most important player on the roster to keep healthy, especially considering the lack of depth behind him.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
The coaches are supposedly super high on him. He'll transform the offense on his own and will make the QB's lives a lot simpler. He may be the most important player on the roster to keep healthy, especially considering the lack of depth behind him.
Can Clemson cover tight ends? Or will they forget we have one? It has been 11 years lol

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I can see why. He’s a solid player. Good soft hands and can really climb the ladder. He seemed to get rocked a couple times so maybe he can be coached up to be more of a bowling ball in open space. Excited to see what he can do.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I can see why. He’s a solid player. Good soft hands and can really climb the ladder. He seemed to get rocked a couple times so maybe he can be coached up to be more of a bowling ball in open space. Excited to see what he can do.
If I remember correctly, Coach Collins and Coach Lew sat down with him early and were like, "NFL tight ends are generally your height, but 255 pounds. Can you get to that?" So Davis put on 20 pounds in the off-season, but kept his speed and flexibility. He won't be getting knocked around by anyone, I don't think.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If I remember correctly, Coach Collins and Coach Lew sat down with him early and were like, "NFL tight ends are generally your height, but 255 pounds. Can you get to that?" So Davis put on 20 pounds in the off-season, but kept his speed and flexibility. He won't be getting knocked around by anyone, I don't think.

Force = mass x acceleration

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
)

But wasn't he transfering to Temple from U Conn.
I remember a poster hi liting it as an unsavory action by cgc.
You may be thinking of Jared Southers. Transferred as a grad student from Vanderbilt and committed to Temple with CGC. Then he decided to transfer to GT instead once CGC took the job here.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
That’s awesome. I wonder if he’s the ultimate secret weapon lol

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
CGC needs to keep the press releases coming that "GT transfers were denied waivers to play this year." That way Tyler Davis and Jared Southers will fly under everyone's radar screens in scouting reports.