Film Room Tax 19 Offense Slow Motions

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Nice surge by the OL, knocked 'em off the ball a good yard. Good vision and power by Dedrick. By all accounts he's more powerful and has better vision this year. Defenses beware!

Would have liked to have seen our LT hit the safety who made the tackle instead of hitting nobody. RT was in position to make a second level block had DM burst through.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I love how his legs are always churning. He took those drills to heart and is using it in game. I would like to go ahead and evolve the phrase, "death by a thousand cuts" to "death by a thousand Mills." Lol. I have heard our offense called that in the past. I believe that this years team will live up to that name.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Honestly he was his rs freshman year, and a bit in 2014, i honestly feel like this might be a choice by CPJ in an attempt to limit hits on JT.

I'm pretty sure that this was discussed on a radio show and that CPJ said that they were working on him doing a better job at it.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
In this case carrying out the fake just a couple more steps would not have led to him being hit. Imho the value of a deceptive quarterback is underrated. Defensive players have to make quick decisions on the inf they have and often have an obscured view of the ball. They are coached to play "assignment" football against option teams like us but if your assignment clearly indicates that they don't have the ball it frees you up. Just a split second of indecision can make a huge difference and I hope we see better effort in that area this year.