Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gifs site will not post here.... technical difficulties

Here is the site:

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what the heck happened in the slot. Was that a smash route that just ran on us? Left the outside corner to defend the go route and the out. Easy pitch and catch all day on that coverage.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Law's eyes in wrong place or coaching? It seems no one was on the slot from the snap.

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel like the corner should have jumped on the out route and transferred the deep route to the safety

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The underneath crossing route was wide open, too. Not a great play for our zone D. Huge cushions and slow recognition and feet make for easy passes and catches. We did have a little bit of heat on the qb however.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Law's eyes in wrong place or coaching? It seems no one was on the slot from the snap.
Could have been a little of both. I wasn't just talking about him though, look at the two LB's and Gray they all crashed and were bunched up. It's like they didn't even have gaps to maintain. If he would have handed the ball off he had the right side to bounce out.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
What a clusterfuq.

1st. Good scheme by UK. That pulling guard really screwed us up.

I have no idea what's going on in the back half and I'm not going to hurt my brain to figure out what type of coverage

Good old Roof "lets play cover 3 the whole game that should work" scheme

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think he was exaggerating a little. It's a common coverage though, that's used a lot.
Cover 3 should have had this play covered well if run properly. A former GT lb had no clue what coverage this was anyway. Just sounded like a cheap shot at roof and not some kind of analysis at all.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Cover 3 should have had this play covered well if run properly. A former GT lb had no clue what coverage this was anyway. Just sounded like a cheap shot at roof and not some kind of analysis at all.
Ok i see what you are saying. And I think our former LB was saying he didn't know what was going on just because it looked so bad. He could probably tell us what coverage it was, but I could be wrong.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer

Just a dig at Roof, gettin a little sick of seeing our corners drop off the line so quickly and often during games and not playing up/being physical with receivers. We have a tendency to give up a lot of easy yards like this.