Taquan Marshall AJC Article

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is really good news. We needed somebody to press JT and to step up and look like the QB to follow JT. All positions are important but QB is the most important. This may help JT in that he has a tendency to lose his head and he will now know that if he does, someone else may play for him so he better not lose it.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
TM's development at QB is nothing but a positive thing for our program. Who knows where he is headed. He could become a starter or he could get swallowed up in the depth chart. Either way, having capable people at that position is a huge insurance policy for the entire program. This is really happy news for me even though I have no idea where it is going ultimately. From watching him play AB for the limited sample size we were blessed with, he seems to have a really good feel for the game and a slippery nature about him. In its most subjective sense, he just looked smart out there.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
TM's development at QB is nothing but a positive thing for our program. Who knows where he is headed. He could become a starter or he could get swallowed up in the depth chart. Either way, having capable people at that position is a huge insurance policy for the entire program. This is really happy news for me even though I have no idea where it is going ultimately. From watching him play AB for the limited sample size we were blessed with, he seems to have a really good feel for the game and a slippery nature about him. In its most subjective sense, he just looked smart out there.

Agree, Boomer. I've always said, it's better for the team if someone wins the job because they had to fight tooth and nail over equally if not more talented players. Let the cream rise to the top, as opposed to being the starter because they're the only ones left. We witnessed last year at AB and it was not pretty.

I'm excited about Lucas Johnson's passing, but I'm equally excited about Taquan's potential. Some of the moves he pulled in HS were flat out nasty. Can't wait to see him next Saturday in the spring game.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
With all the injuries last year to starters, I think Byerly's injury may have cost as as much as any of them. Without an experienced backup, JT tried to do to much and was physically worn out by seasons end. TM's progress at QB is one of the best pieces of news in some time.