TaQuan’s archived recruiting thread

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I encourage everyone to go back and read through TaQuon’s recruiting thread. A lot of gems in there. Always fun to look back, especially when an under the radar guy becomes a key player.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Fail you did not!

Good to see the comments on his character there. An obvious strength from the beginning, and seeing his leadership and work-ethic on and off the field this year translates from that. Really think he can elevate the whole team!

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
If I was one of the last few posters who made comments like "we probably need him at AB now, but I could see QB down the road, depending on numbers", I would quote the crap out of my old posts! LOL

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I know this will sound like I'm making it up, but I always thought Marshall would end up at QB. It was his running ability that sold me. That's the #1 requirement for a Tech QB and he had it. Also, his senior year stats at QB (over 2700 yards of total offense) showed good promise.

I also admit that I thought Jordan would end up starting this year instead of TM. That's because I thought we would have a Mills + Jordan game, sort of like Navy last year. But the Football Gods wouldn't have that and we are looking a lot more like Navy when Ricky Dobbs was their QB. I expect that, barring injury (absit omen!), Marshall will mature into a Dobbs clone (has to work on his throwing, but he knows that). That will prove a useful thing for us going forward.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I know this will sound like I'm making it up, but I always thought Marshall would end up at QB. It was his running ability that sold me. That's the #1 requirement for a Tech QB and he had it. Also, his senior year stats at QB (over 2700 yards of total offense) showed good promise.

I also admit that I thought Jordan would end up starting this year instead of TM. That's because I thought we would have a Mills + Jordan game, sort of like Navy last year. But the Football Gods wouldn't have that and we are looking a lot more like Navy when Ricky Dobbs was their QB. I expect that, barring injury (absit omen!), Marshall will mature into a Dobbs clone (has to work on his throwing, but he knows that). That will prove a useful thing for us going forward.
Ball security is numero uno on the get fixed list.