Tanner Lee waxes poetic.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
He seems to be a better QB than the stats indicate. He doesn't get much help and they did not establish an identity the past two games. They were seemingly poorly coached on the small things.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Did you ever just look at a head coach and think he still has the demeanor of an assistant? His postgame quote about GTs option plays ("golly") doesn't inspire me to think Tulane will have a good season.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Did you ever just look at a head coach and think he still has the demeanor of an assistant? His postgame quote about GTs option plays ("golly") doesn't inspire me to think Tulane will have a good season.
Not sure what you are objecting to, but at some point he also said as I recall, "that QB is amazing." Fire him?

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Tanner Lee made some pretty nice throws. The TD actually bordered on amazing. If you watch the replay, Gotsis slapped the ball out of his hand. He juggled it, caught it back and immediately just heaved it in one motion. It was surprising the ball got anywhere near the receiver, let alone wound up being a TD.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
We didn't win by 52 because of him.Really he looked ok.
He did, particularly given that many times he was really under fire back there. A welcome evolution in the defense that I hope continues. Gotsis and Hunt may be figuring out how to tie up a bunch of people. I was surprised yesterday to hear that Freeman at the end is still only 18, which means -- I am really, really good at simple arithmetic -- he was starting for a Division 1 football team, an 11-3 team, at 17. At about 215 pounds or so. Had I been a defensive end I would be insanely jealous.