Tampa Happenings during Gasparilla Bowl Weekend

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
If you are in Tampa with your family for the weekend and need some advice please hit me up. A couple of things off the top of my head:
  • There is Christmas village set up in Curtis Hixon Park in downtown right on the river. Includes an outdoor ice skating rink. It is adjacent to the Glazer Children's museum (lots of interactive fun for the young'ins). Good beer too!
  • There is a lighted boat parade going on Saturday evening. It starts at six at the south end of Davis Islands. The route is along the east side of Davis Islands, then east side of Harbor Island up to Sparkman's Wharf and back. Parade is scheduled between 6 and 8 pm. Some to the boat owners around here get very creative with their decorations!

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Outdoor ice skating in Florida? Hey, this isn't going to be like the 2010 Orange Bowl. I froze at that game.
What's the weather like during the evening hours in Tampa?

SunBum

Georgia Tech Fan
We're going to try and make the pep-rally on Thursday at the Sail Plaza (driving from ATL Thursday morning). Any recommendations for a good place for family (5 of us, 3 teens) dinner in that area?

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
We're going to try and make the pep-rally on Thursday at the Sail Plaza (driving from ATL Thursday morning). Any recommendations for a good place for family (5 of us, 3 teens) dinner in that area?
Sail Plaza is at the convention center...not much right there. You can catch the trolley and ride to Sparkmans Wharf. Lots of options there. If you feel like driving a little, Rick's on the River is good. There is also a terrific pizza place called Lee's Grocery just a little north of downtown.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
If you feel like going out to Clearwater Beach, frenchy's has the best grouper sandwich anywhere.
Frechy's is not fancy but between the good cheap eat & drinks if often attracts a diverse cross section of talent not normally found in other establishments.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Frechy's is not fancy but between the good cheap eat & drinks if often attracts a diverse cross section of talent not normally found in other establishments.

Used to take my boat over there from the mainland back in the day. good place